Job Title:Director of Finance, Administration and Grants
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE and STAR E, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
STAR E is a 5-year USAID supported District Based HIV/TB Project focusing on the prevention, care, and treatment of HIV/TB in health facilities and communities, headquartered in Mbale but with activities in Budaka, Bududa, Bukwo, Busia, Butaleja, Kapchorwa, Pallisa, Bulambuli, Kween, Kibuku and Sironko districts.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions in STAR E and SURE Projects;
The Director of Finance, Administration and Grants is responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial management and accountability requirement of the STAR E Project in Eastern Uganda. S/he oversees budget preparation and monitoring; financial management and reporting; accounting; human resources; procurement; transportation; IT and communications; legal; office management and security; and all other administrative and operational functions of the project. Her/his responsibilities extend to the oversight of all partners and sub grantees under the project. The Director Finance, Administration &Grants safeguards the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and other donors against fraud, loss or misuse. The position directly reports to the Chief of Party.
• Collaborates with the Chief of Party in assuring that all technical activities under the project are implemented in a timely and effective manner and in compliance with the terms of the project contract.
• Ensures the project functions efficiently in all financial, administrative and operational matters. Monitors finance and operations aspects of the project.
• Provides oversight to all subcontract and grants management issues.
• Assists the Chief of party with project management including operations, human resources finance management, and team building
• Provides technical assistance to the institutional capacity building and performance improvement activities of the collaborating partners.
• Supervises project support staff.
• Ensures adherence to MSH’s Procurement Integrity standards and procedures in all project activities.
1) Advanced degree in accounting, finance or management, certification from an accredited higher institution is an added advantage. 2) At least 10 years of financial management experience of large international projects with at least five years at a senior management. 3) Experience with USAID projects. 4) Extensive experience managing public health programs. 5) Knowledge of USAID or other USG assistance policies and procedures. 6) Extensive experience in international development programs in Uganda and other African countries.7) Experience with HIV/AIDS & TB projects preferred. 8) Excellent planning, management and organizational skills. 9) Proven, effective leadership skills. Superior ability in developing effective interpersonal relationships, negotiation and conflict management. 10) Fluent in English.
How to Apply
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org
Deadline for submission: 27th April 2012. We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates.