Project Management Assistant (Vulnerable Pop.)
Deadline of this Job:
December 5, 2012
U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 072/2012 Date: 11/22/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES:November 22 to December 5, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Project Management Assistant (Vulnerable Pop.)
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Economic Growth Office
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-8 (Ugshs. 38,988,039 to 56,134,949 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Management Assistant.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
To provide program, project, financial and administrative support for the Vulnerable Populations Unit in USAID/Uganda’s Economic Growth Office. This includes work across a variety of food security programs, such as Feed the Future (FTF) and Food for Peace (FFP), as well as support to the Karamoja Special Objective Project Management Team and the Mission’s disaster response and management function.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: A University degree in public administration, business administration, management, economics, finance, agriculture, nutrition, or other relevant degree. Some administrative or management courses advantageous.
2. Work Experience: At least four years of substantive experience in the areas of project or administrative assistance, ideally within an international organization. This level of experience is necessary because of the urgent and time-sensitive nature of the work to be performed. Prior work experience with government and donors is desirable.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in the English language.
4. Knowledge: A practical knowledge of business correspondence, database management, and budget preparation. Familiarity with donor programs, policies, and regulations is desired; and a familiarity and strong interest in economic growth issues related to vulnerable populations in Uganda is also desired. Knowledge on agricultural issues and the cultural environment in Uganda, including Ugandan economic growth donors and related private sector programs is preferred.
5. Skills and Abilities: Be able to prioritize and complete tasks quickly and efficiently and be highly motivated, dedicated, a self-starter, and able to work in challenging environments. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team setting. The employee needs to be able to work independently and to deal comfortably with a wide range of individuals. They must be able to develop and maintain a range of working-level and management-level contacts in government, non-governmental, and private-sector circles. Excellent office management and administrative skills and experience are required in order to support the team in developing and implementing effective programs, including financial and administrative skills sufficient to track program activities. Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and accurately.
Job application procedure
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174);
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A complete and current Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By e-mail at KampalaHR@state.gov
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please include all documents in one attachment.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: December 5, 2012
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs advertised in October
This job is advertised in November 2012