Deadline of this Job:
13th December, 2012
Reports to: Finance Director
Duty station: National Office
Purpose of the position: To provide leadership and management of the accounts department by planning, directing and controlling the finance resources in line with World Vision policies/procedures, International Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Strategic financial planning and management
• Coordinate & Support the National Office cost centers annual budgeting process as per budget guidelines.
• Plan, Manage, and coordinate the availability of funds with key stakeholders.
• Preparation and dissemination of monthly management and budget performance reports to various stakeholders.
• Cash flow management and coordination to ensure timely disbursements to both internal and external customers.
Manage and monitor the country office reporting
• Supervision of monthly/ quarterly/ annual National Office financial reports preparation and submission.
• Review of National Office bank reconciliations and follow up clearance of outstanding items.
• Supervise the monthly reconciliation of Project Budget & Actual Systems (PBAS) to Field Financial Reports (FFR), Settlement Advices (SA’s) and other balance sheet accounts.
• Manage the year-end financial reporting process by complying with year-end closing guidelines including of year-end financial reports and appendices.
• Minimise WVU financial risk exposure by ensuring that appropriate financial systems and internal controls are in place to avoid significant audit risk rating at the National Office.
• Supporting development of appropriate National Office financial policies and ensuring compliance to WV International financial policies.
• Giving guidance on internal controls, reviews and advise areas of improvement to the management.
• Planning and coordination of National Office internal & other external statutory audits including timely management responses and ensuring implementation of the recommendations.
Staff capacity building
• Establishing and supervising of all work practices including the provision of opportunities for orientation, training, development and succession planning.
• Develop good networks and relationships with other finance managers, other divisional staff, Banks, other external customers and also attend and actively participate in strategic management meetings.
Knowledge and skills:
• Must possess a Bachelor of Commerce Degree/ or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option). Masters degree will be an advantage.
• Full professional qualification (ACCA, CPA or any other recognized qualification).
• Must have basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office. Knowledge and experience with Sunsystem will be an advantage.
• Minimum of five years relevant experience in a busy office two of which must have been at a senior level.
• Effective communication skills.
• Should be accurate and organized at work.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates may submit their application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Note: All applications must be sent by email and addressed to the People & Culture Manager
(Qualified Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 13th December, 2012
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs advertised in October
This job is advertised in November 2012