Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
31st December 2012
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, the jobholder is responsible and
accountable for the overall Management and Implementation of Education
Programme Initiation and Project Development, Partnership Initiation, Development
and Management, Programme Budgeting, Budgetary and Financial Management,
Programme and Financial Reporting, Human Resources Management and
Development, and Administrative Trouble shooting and Support within the region.
Technical Programme Management and Implementation responsibilities includes
developing project plans and budgets and implementation plans, managing the
accomplishment of target results and indicators, oversee programme budgets and
accounts to ensure adherence approved budget and work plans, undertaking
routine budget monitoring and budget revisions, leading in the definition of M&E
plans and indicators, monitoring and supervising sub recipient partners, preparing
in a timely and high quality programme and financial reports, and taking initiatives
and actions to ensure that programme implementation are in compliance with all
Save the Children and funding conditions, rules and regulations.
In addition the Manager will ensure effective representation liaison between Save
the Children and other INGOs, CSOs, Local Authorities and visiting donors and
stakeholders at the local and regional level to promote extensive participation and
representation of Save the Children programme and activities.
The Manager is also responsible for providing technical assistance and
appropriate monitoring and evaluation in emergency responses.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
• A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in any relevant field. Post Graduate training in
Project Management, Community Development or a Master’s degree in any
relevant field is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years progressive experience in programme implementation,
management and development with at 3 of those years in a management position
in an international development organisation.
Relevant experience supervising community based social development projects
and with International NGOs particularly those addressing children’s rights and
those applying partnership approach is desirable.
• Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international
environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing,
negotiation and coaching
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
• Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a
substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian
Job application procedure
Application letters with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should
have been direct supervisors should be submitted to:
The Director of Human Resources &
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P.O. Box 12018, Kampala
Or on email:
Important to note:
• Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are
• The closing date for receiving applications is 31st December 2012. Candidates
are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and
female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in December