Australian Red Cross in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
13th Dec 2012
About this job
Our client is the largest manufacturer of steel construction materials in Uganda
that is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the Vacancy
The export manager is responsible for exports to Rwanda, Burundi, Congo and
Kenya. He is expected to coordinate with all concerned parties to support and
increase sales volumes in international market whilst keeping close relations with
clients. He will also expand the client base, managing key accounts and maintain
the marketing database.
The export manager will be responsible for a variety of activities including, but not
limited to, evaluating financial structures, prepare reports to expedite the billing
process and may also have to ensure that shipments are in compliance with the
laws and regulations governing the export industry. This position will be located in
Uganda (Kampala) but export manager will be expected to plan regular domestic
and regional travel.
He should have strong interpersonal and presentation skills and should be able to
communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form and can translate complex
technical details to simple form. He must have good leadership skills and able to
organize, motivate and liaise with the junior staff. He should be versatile and
therefore able to carry out functions across various levels of the organization. He
should be able to adjust to fast changing business conditions and is always result
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Must have broad experience in export sales, preferably having dealt with
construction companies, distributors or wholesalers in E. Africa
* Develop market plans that support export sales; facilitating both long and
short-term sales forecasts, calculated risks & high success rates.
* Must be able to detect opportunities at target companies within the
geographically defined region.
* Should have an excellent understanding and application for both technical and
commercial solution Good presentation and communication skills.
* Must have excellent written and oral knowledge of English - additional
languages French and Swahili are a must.
* Develop and execute innovative export strategies, generate sales and Submit
monthly business plans.
* Meets sales financial objectives and provide Quotations / Proforma Invoices
* Track competitors and identify new product opportunities through market
* Identify and build relationships with potential stakeholders.
* Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of system documentation.
* Knowledge of import and export regulations and ability to adhere to them.
* Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning
and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies.
* Achieve sales operational objectives.
* Master of Business Administration (MBA)
* Business Degree or any other equivalent management certification.
* Knowledge in ERP package or any additional Accounting Certifications i.e.
* Must have relevant Sales experience of 7 years especially in from an
* Must have a proven successful international new business or export trackrecord.
* Likes to work in a dynamic, international and hands-on environment
* Candidate should have strong influence management and collaborative skills.
Job application procedure
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large
for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email
address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please
contact our offices directly.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs advertised in October
This job is advertised in November 2012