The AIDS Support Organization (TASO)
Deadline of this Job:
14th December 2012
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Directly Supervises: Accountants
Main Purpose of the Job
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the overall financial management
oversight of the Grants Management Unit. S/he will ensure that fiduciary risks
are always at a minimum ensuring that the Project’s financial resources are
adequate, well managed, properly utilized and accounted for during the
implementation of the planned activities according to the set procedures and
guidelines of the project. S/he will also ensure timely completion of financial
reporting obligations as stated in the grants agreement.
• Appropriate financial implementation of the grants among SRs managed.
• Financial and Accounting procedures in place
• Periodic work plans and budgets in place as required
• Grants management system maintained
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide financial oversight including budgeting and forecasting, financial
verification and reporting, and oversight of grants among sub recipients
• Provide expertise regarding grants Management, financial policies and
procedures, and support the oversight and training of sub-recipient
personnel in financial management and overall grant management process
• Monitor and ensure timely financial reporting by SRs as required by the
• Prepare periodical financial status progress reports as required by the
• Develop and adopt formats procedures to be used for formulating,
negotiating, executing, monitoring and closing sub-grants in accordance to
the donor’s requirements.
Academic Qualifications & Required Skills:
• Masters degree in Finance and Accounts or Masters in Business
Administration or Full professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA
• A professional accounts qualification such as CPA (U), ACCA.
Experience and Exposure:
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Accounting/Finance and /
or project financial management preferably in the health, social or finance
. At least 2 years ideally of managing a grants program.
• Proven knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
• Knowledge of Healthcare related work preferably HIV, Malaria or TB
• Planning, budgeting, reporting and auditing skills, good Inter-personal
skills, good communication skills and good negotiation skills.
• Strong integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
Job application procedure
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to
a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of
Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease,
requires the services of a competent, innovative and results oriented personnel
to fill in the above position
Interested candidates who meet all the above requirements should apply,
enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three
referees. Please firmly staple your papers together and specify the position
for on the top right corner of the envelope.TASO offers a competitive package for
all the positions.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Human Resource & Administration Director
P.O. BOX 10443, KAMPALA
“OR hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in December