Program Management Officer
Deadline of this Job:
18th Dec 2012
About this job
Our client Grameen Foundation is a non profit organisation that is seeking to
recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the Vacancy above;
Job Summary: The Program Management Officer (PMO) will work closely with the
AppLab Money Managers to align various work-streams and their dependencies to
deliver on program targets and commitments to donors and partners. They will
also be responsible for planning and organizing trips in the field as well as local
events with donors and partners.
The role will be responsible for managing smartsheets, the teams Program
Management tool. In addition, the PMO will handle all requests for payment put
together by the AppLab Money team and work with the finance team to ensure
timely delivery of money owed to team members.
The PMO will further be responsible for taking minutes at management meetings,
recording the weekly tasks of all team members and providing updates at the end
of the week of progress against assigned task.
Reports to: Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work under guidance of Program Manager and in collaboration with
management team to customize Program Management (PM) tool to meet program
* Organize and manage events and meetings for team members
* Take responsibility for coordinating field operations, trips, and bookings
* Prepare requests for payments and liaise with finance staff to ensure timely
* Record weekly tasks of team members and provide updates on progress of all
* Prepare communication materials for conferences, exhibitions, and GFUganda
* Manage exhibition and GF-Uganda events preparations
* Update and maintain AppLab websites working in collaboration with GF-USA
* Provide AppLab office regular updates of progress of incubator team
* Take minutes at all meetings and send minutes to appropriate team members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
* Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen
Foundation’s mission and understanding of and commitment to agricultural
development in Africa
* Proven ability to manage disparate and complex work-streams simultaneously
with multiple dependencies and under tight timelines
* Exceptional attention to detail and eye for quality assurance
* Excellent time management skills with proven track record of achievement
* Commitment to delivering highest quality products and services that meet the
needs of our clients—the poor and poorest Ugandans, partners and donors.
* Must be willing to travel to remote communities with team members
* Outstanding commitment to teamwork with ability to work collaboratively across
departments and identify and achieve shared objectives under challenging
* Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to
communicate the AppLab Money program and value proposition using to a wide
range of stakeholders using varied media
* Mastery of power point and visual presentation tools
* Excellent written communication skills
* Basic understanding of product development and financial services preferred
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in development studies, business administration,
or other related degree
* At least 3-5 years professional experience and at least 3 years experience
managing projects or teams
* Experience using program management tools
* Experience in quality assurance and/or product development preferred
* Experience in communications, graphic design, or proposal writing preferred
* Fluency in oral and written English
Job application procedure
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large
for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email
address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in December