Uganda Program Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of a multi-disciplinary group of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries, seeks candidates for the USAID Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) project in Uganda. SHOPS focuses on improving availability, quality, and coverage of essential health products and services in family planning and reproductive health, maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, and other health areas through the private sector.
UGANDA PROGRAM COORDINATOR, ZINC/ORS
The Program Coordinator will manage the SHOPS diarrhea management program in-country, working with private commercial sector health providers to ensure continuous supply of quality, affordable ORS and zinc products in the Ugandan market.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop partnerships with manufacturers and suppliers of ORS and zinc and possibly family planning products.
• Monitor retail outlets and the commercial supply chain to ensure that product sales/ marketing information is reaching retail outlets, especially in rural areas
• Monitor retail outlets to ensure that retailers are recommending the appropriate diarrhea treatment products and are providing appropriate counseling and advice.
• Work with relevant professional associations and regulatory authorities to implement the delivery of continuing medical education/ clinical seminars on diarrhea management.
• Serve as a member of the committee developing the training curriculum for the various cadres of providers.
• Liaise with implementing partners on development and placement generic advertising messages and materials.
• Other duties as assigned to enhance ORS and zinc and family planning product marketing.
• Educational degree in pharmacy or marketing
• At least five years of working experience in social marketing or sales and marketing in the pharmaceutical marketing industry in Uganda.
• Thorough understanding of Uganda pharmaceutical industry and wholesale/retail distribution systems.
• Knowledge of family planning products and issues.
• Experience in developing and implementing pharmaceutical partnerships.
• Experience working in development programs and dealing with donor communities.
• Good writing and communication skills.
Job application procedure
Please put the position title in the subject line and attach a cover letter and CV and e-mail to:
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs advertised in October
This job is advertised in November 2012