Medical Research Centre
Deadline of this Job:
31st Jan 2013
Job Purpose: To provide a vital component of the Units internal controls by having
supervisory and accounting responsibility for the areas of stores, procurement,
fuel management and vehicle charge-out plus oversight of local contractor
payments and travel billing/recharging ensuring all SOP are followed at all times.
To ensure that accounting entries are passed accurately onto the Navision and
Oracle accounting platforms and for regular monthly reporting and reconciliations
to the Senior Accountant or Director of Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Supervise of Accounts officer in the areas of stores, procurement, building
contracting, fuel and vehicle accounting.
• Provide support for the Senior Accountant; and cover for and the second
accountant during their absence.
• Review and analyse fuel purchase, delivery and usage cycles plus charge out
to projects, including supervising the safe keeping of the fuel stores across all
stations and overseeing the regular reconciliations from the accounts to the
• Review and analysis of mileage claims and reports, and other rechargeable
activities. Oversee the operations of the Stores functions for Entebbe, Kyamulibwa
and Masaka stations.
• Variance analysis and report on incomes and expenses against budget.
• Working with the Senior Accountant to help prepare monthly expenditure and
financial reports sent out to project leaders and funders, and Head office and
producing these reports independently when the SA is on leave
• Supervise the activities and functioning of the Procurement section in both
local and overseas purchases.. Ensuring Value-For-Money in procurement and
that the Unit uses only approved suppliers.. Ensuring that tenders are placed and
• Liaising with the freight forwarding and clearing agent companies on
deliveries, and clearance of goods through the air and land ports, ensuring goods
are received as per the bill of lading and rejecting any damaged goods. Provide
support for the external and internal Audits conducted.
Education, Skills and Experience needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration.
• Full/Part Professional Accountant qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
• Three years’ experience in a busy accounts office with direct supervision of
• Experience in an international donor funded organisation.
• Experience working with ERP packages, excellent excels; MS Office programs,
• Good people management skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
Contract period; Initially 2 years with a possibility of renewal based on
Job application procedure
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe or send by email: email@example.com
Closing date for application: 31st January 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013