Uganda Communications Commission
CERT Uganda Manager
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2013
Reports to: Director/ Technology Networks and Services
Job role: To oversee, supervise and support the entire workforce under the
Key Result Areas
a. Oversee, supervise and support the entire workforce under the UG CERTUG
b. Ensure service level commitments;
c. Plan for the business continuity and disaster recovery of the operations;
d. Advise management on manpower planning and resource allocation;
e. Coordinate with other departments/ stakeholders on technical matters;
f. Produce periodic or adhoc reports of high quality on the operations of CERT
g. Develop, implement and maintain processes, procedures and guidelines to
improve and increase the effectiveness of the operations of CERT Uganda;
h. Conduct knowledge sharing sessions among other technical personnel on
lessons learnt or new findings; and
i. Comply with and ensure compliance with all CIRT. Uganda’s policies, procedures
j. To be aware, comply with and ensure compliance with all UG CERT’s policies,
procedures and guidelines
· A Masters degree in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering (Electronic,
Telecommunications, Computer), or in any relevant area;
· A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering (Electronic,
Telecommunications, Computer); or in a related field; and
· Professional certification in ICT security fields such as CISSP, GCIA, GCFA, CEH,
CISM is an added advantage.
Experience and knowledge
· At least six (6) years experience in Information Security or related areas;
· Sound knowledge of Computer hardware, Internet applications, cryptographic
technologies, security risks, threats and vulnerabilities, and risk assessments;
· Good knowledge of at least UNIX and Windows operating systems;
· Must demonstrate strong managerial and interpersonal skills;
· Analytical and has ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently;
· Must be a self starter with a high sense of urgency in making deliverables and
capability to handle confidential information.
· Stress durable and willing to travel on short notice; and
· Good personality with ability to work as a team.
Job application procedure
· All applications should be forwarded electronically to: Email
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach NOT later than 5:00 pm on 25th January, 2013.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013