Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Deadline of this Job:
11th January 2013
REF. HRM 55/70/01
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U1SE
AGE: 35 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or
Sciences or Development Studies or Business Administration or Management or
a Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Management/Administration or Public
Human Resource Management or Local Governance or Development Studies from
Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the above fields from a recognized
University/Institution will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience,
of which should have been gained at the level of Assistant Commissioner, Urban
Administration in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable
He/she must be acquainted with Uganda’s Local Government operations and
travel across the Country.
Applicants should have well developed management, leadership, communication,
analytical, policy development, financial, interpersonal, planning and negotiation
The incumbent will be responsible to the Director, Local Government
performing the following duties:-
· Overall in charge of the department of Urban Administration.
· Coordinating programmes in the department of Urban Development.
· Offering technical advice/assistance and support supervision to Urban Local
· Developing criteria for demarcation and grading of urban councils.
· Preparing manuals, regulations and guidelines for Urban Local Governments.
· Budgeting, developing and designing training and sensitization programmes for
· Advocating, protecting and representing the interests of the Urban Local
at the national level and other for a;
· Guiding urban councils in the performance of their functions.
· Supervising, mentoring, monitoring and evaluating the performance of Urban
in all aspects of their operations.
· Initiating policies on Local Governance regarding Urban Councils.
PSC INTERNAL ADVERT 2/2012
· Monitoring special projects in the Urban Local Governments to assess their
and attainment of project objectives.
· Following up the implementation of the Urban Local Governments and staff
· Organizing policy implementation reviews.
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitable and eligible serving Officers for vacant posts
currently available in the various Ministries/Departments as specified below:-
Applications should be filled in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) and
submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala
received not later than Friday 11th January 2013.
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission offices,
Farmers’ House, 2nd Floor, Kampala and Ministry/Department/Local Government
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the Reference Number
against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport
Applicants should route their applications through their Heads of Department who
informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Applicants may, however, submit an
copy of the application to the Public Service Commission to enable it start
them. The words ‘Internal advert’ must be indicated on top of the first page of the
Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission, on completion
recruitment and selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013