National Agricultural Advisory Services
District NAADS Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2013
Location: Napak, Bukedea and Lyantonde districts
Remuneration: Attractive and Competitive.
Terms of employment: Three (3) years contract.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Medicine or related disciplines.
• A postgraduate qualification in any of the following areas; Agribusiness,
Agricultural Extension, Rural Development and Agricultural Economics will be an
• At least five years relevant working experience in Agricultural Extension or Rural
• Computer literacy in standard Computer Packages (Word processing and
Spread Sheet Packages)
• Should have the following personal & professional qualities; Innovativeness,
interpersonal skills, team
work, leadership and adaptability to novel approaches to agricultural service
• A good understanding of principles and practice of community based
participatory methods and approaches for agricultural development.
• A strong knowledge/experience of contemporary cross cutting issues in rural and
agricultural development including poverty, gender, environmental and social
• Demonstrated, administrative and management skills including an understanding
of the decentralization policy and operations of Local Governments.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the District Production Coordinator, (DPC) the District NAADS
Coordinator (DNC) will be responsible for undertaking the following functions:
• Coordinate and Supervise implementation of NAADS programme activities in the
• Consolidate the Sub-County annual work plans and coordinate development of
District NAADS annual work plans and activities. The Coordinator will ensure timely
presentation of consolidated NAADS plans and budgets for integration into the
district work plan and budget.
• Develop quantitative and qualitative indicators from the immediate objectives and
outputs of the District NAADS programme activities.
• Working with Subject Matter Specialists (SMS’s) ensures application of standards
and criteria for selection of service providers and procurement of goods.
• In collaboration with the District Contracts Committee, provide technical
assistance to districts, Sub-Counties and Farmer Fora towards the tendering
process and review of all procurements for the District NAADS Programme.
• Receive and review all reports including monitoring and evaluation, technical and
financial reports of NAADS programme at District and Sub-County levels.
• Facilitate District NAADS programme meetings and act as Secretary to the
District Farmer Forum.
• Coordinate with the District Finance office on financial management matters.
• Under the leadership of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and the District
Production Coordinator (DPC), supervise NAADS expenditures to ensure
accountability and value for money.
• Any other duties assigned to him/her by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Job application procedure
For Positions at the NAADS Secretariat, interested applicants should submit
applications not later than
Friday, 25th January 2013, to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road Legacy Towers,
P.O. Box 25235, Kampala- Uganda
For Positions Based in the Districts interested applicants should fill Public Service
Commission form 3 (revised 2008) available at the office of the Secretary Public
Service Commission or Secretaries District Service Commissions countrywide.
The filled forms together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous
employment, two passport size photographs, names and addresses of three
referees, applicants daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all certified
academic certificates/testimonials should be submitted to the various Secretaries
of the respective District Service Commissions of Napak, Bukedea, Lyatonde and
Oyam districts not later than Friday 25th January 2013 at 5:00p.m
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013