Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
24th January 2013
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Key Results Areas:
1. Develop the general internal audit plan based on a structure risk assessment of
the organization’s activities in line with the Audit manual.
2. Coordinate the processes that ensure compliance with organization’s
operational and accounting policies in line with the UEDCL strategy and standards
for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA),
3. Handle special requests by the Managing Director into various special financial
and operational investigations in line with UEDCL policies and procedures.
4. Prepare a work methodology and conduct audit of Umeme asset investments in
line with the Lease and Assignment agreement.
5. Conduct value for money audits and advise management how to efficiently,
effectively and economically use the available scarce resources.
6. Design internal control check lists for all heads of sections to keep them abreast
with adherence to controls and company policies as they execute their day to day
7. Advice management on the formulation of risk management strategies and
policies and all
operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring all management
policies adequately mitigate the risks identified
8. Review office financial systems and report on compliance with the UEDCL
Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and
9. Provide summaries of audit results and trends to management regularly and in
subsequent audits determine that audit recommendations have been tracked and
implemented by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A Bachelors degree in commerce ( BCOM), Business Administration(BBA),
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, BA ( ECON) or it’s equivalent from a recognized
university. A Master of Business Administration degree or Master of Science
degree in Finance or Accounting is an added advantage
• Full accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA or other internationally
recognized accounting qualifications.
• Post graduate qualification or Computer Systems Audit Certification would be an
• Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors is an added advantage.
• Experience of not less than 5 years in the Audit practice in a recognized
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to work amidst tight dead lines.
How to Apply
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability
company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies act. UEDCL owns the
33KV and below voltage Electricity distribution network and all the operational
assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company
monitors Umeme Ltd investment, generation and distribution of thermal power in
the districts of Moroto, Moyo, Adjumani and Kalangala, Operates the pole plant at
Lugogo and executes some rural electrification schemes and projects on behalf of
the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
The Company is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent and highly motivated
Job application procedure
Please send an application letter, CV, copies of academic / professional
certificates and at least three professional references in a sealed envelope to:
The Head, Human Resources and Administration,
Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd, Plot 37, UEDCL TOWER,
P.O. Box 7390, Kampala, Uganda.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013