Audio Visual Technician
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, 28 February 2013
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Audio Visual Technician; FP-7; FSN-7
OPENING DATE: January 15, 2013
CLOSING DATE: January 28, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED
WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The American Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Audio Visual
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Responsible for the section's electronic information program, including TVRO,
audio-visual maintenance, and audio-visual support for Mission events.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is
available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of secondary school (both ‘O and A’) level and
a diploma in mass communication, radio and television engineering is also
2. Work Experience required: Three years experience in communications media,
video and still photography is required.
3. Language required: Level IV (fluent - written and spoken) English ability is
4. Knowledge required: Technical knowledge of operation and maintenance of
TVRO, computer and audio-visual equipment including knowledge of Ugandan
history and current affairs, is required.
5. Skills and Abilities required: Ability to establish and maintain effective working
level contacts in the communications media and with Post's contacts, is required.
After an initial application screening, applicants will be invited to a testing process
that may include a written examination and oral interviews. The selected
candidate must pass pre-employment medical and security investigations before
beginning work. The initial appointment period is one year, subject to renewal.
Normally, candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated
pay grade. In some instances, candidates may be hired at a higher step when
exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so
warrant. The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the
concurrence of the employing section.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of
Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance
Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA)
are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of
their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually
Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration
of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the
applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their
Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US
Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a
conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat
(.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013