Uganda Communications Commission
Postal Compliance Officer
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2013
Reports to: Specialist/Postal Compliance
Role: To support the Postal compliance function in the Unit
Key Result Areas
a. Prepare annual inspection plans to cover all postal installations in the country;
b. Carry out regular inspections of postal/courier premises/facilities to ascertain
compliance to set quality standards;
c. Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of postal projects in the country;
d. Make recommendations for necessary interventions in the development of the
rural postal network;
e. Carry out measurements on the quality standards of postal services in the
country and report on the identified gaps in accordance with the quality control
f. Keep track and report on illegal operators in the industry in accordance to the
licensing conditions of the Commission;
g. Carry out the necessary investigations in postal related complaints raised by
customers and/or operators, in fulfillment of the UCC objectives; and
h. Monitor the activities of licensed operators in the country and generate reports
of findings in line with license agreements and UCC regulations.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Business Studies from a recognized
Institute or University.
Experience and Knowledge
· At least two (2) years of experience in the Logistics or Postal network industry;
· Should be a team player and self driven;
· Proficiency in the use of office document processing tools (e.g. word processing,
spreadsheets and databases); and
· Possession of good communication skills.
Job application procedure
· All applications should be forwarded electronically to: Email
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach NOT later than 5:00 pm on 25th January, 2013.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013