Uganda Communications Commission
Postal Licensing Officer
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2013
Reports to: Specialist/Postal Licensing
Role: To support the Postal licensing function in the Unit
Key Result Areas
a. Open files for new applicants for postal licenses and avail them with the relevant
documentation and procedures in line with the UCC licensing conditions;
b. Carry out pre-licensing inspection of postal license applicants’ premises and
facilities to ascertain suitability for license issue;
c. Compile data on applicants and licensed postal operators for inclusion in the
d. Carry out regular inspections of postal/courier premises/facilities to ascertain
compliance to license conditions;
e. Compile technical evaluation reports about postal license applications and
applicants’ premises as inputs to the licensing process;
f. Compile and report on postal needs in the various parts of the country in relation
to the network coverage;
g. Keep track of the field activities related to the National Postcode and
Addressing System; and
h. Monitor the rollout of the national Postcode in line with the established
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Business Studies from a recognized
Institution or University.
Experience and Knowledge
· At least two (2) years of experience in the Logistics or Postal network industry;
· Should be a team player and self driven;
· Proficiency in the use of office document processing tools (e.g. word processing,
spreadsheets and databases); and
· Possession of good communication skills.
Job application procedure
· All applications should be forwarded electronically to: Email
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST
be attached to the applications.
· Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach NOT later than 5:00 pm on 25th January, 2013.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013