National Agricultural Advisory Services
Sub Country NAADS Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2013
Location: Oyam district
Remuneration: Attractive and Competitive.
Terms of employment: Three (3) years contract.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Medicine or related field
• Additional qualification in any of the following areas; Natural Agricultural
Sciences, Agricultural extension, Rural Development and thorough knowledge of
the working area will be an added advantage.
• At least three years relevant working experience in rural development or related
field and working with farmers.
• Computer literacy in standard Computer Packages (Word Processing and
Spread Sheet Packages).
• A person of high integrity, team player, good communicator (spoken & written)
and demonstrable excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be ready to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Duties and responsibilities
In carrying out his or her duties, the SNC will be responsible for;
• Coordinating overall implementation of NAADS activities at the Sub-County level.
• Ensuring development of Sub-County work plans and budgets for provision of
Agricultural Advisory Services to farmers.
• Consolidating Sub-county annual work plans/budgets into the sub-county
advisory services work plan and budget including quantitative and qualitative
• Ensure incorporation of the NAADS Work plan and budget into the overall subcounty
work plan/ budget.
• Coordinates and ensures application of standards and criteria for selection of
service providers and procurement of goods and services.
• Ensures that the identified farmers advisory services and technology needs are
• Supervise NAADS implementation in the Sub-county.
• Coordinate and Facilitate NAADS Sub-county meetings and act as Secretary to
the Sub-County Farmer Fora
• As a vote holder for provision of agricultural advisory services supervises NAADS
expenditures and ensure accountability and value for money.
• Collaborates with all Sub-county Procurement units (Finance, Audit, Planning,
Environment) for the effective implementation of NAADS activities.
• In collaboration with the Sub-County Procurement Committee, provides technical
and administrative support to Farmer Fora for the procurement of goods and
• Coordinates identification of Capacity Development needs of service providers
and ensures they are met.
• Participates in sub-county planning and review meetings.
• Receive and review all reports including monitoring and evaluation studies of
NAADS at Sub-County level.
• Preparation and production of progress reports both Financial and physical and
ensure submission to the district.
• Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time by
either the District NAADS
Coordinator or the Sub-County Chief.
Job application procedure
For Positions at the NAADS Secretariat, interested applicants should submit
applications not later than
Friday, 25th January 2013, to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road Legacy Towers,
P.O. Box 25235, Kampala- Uganda
For Positions Based in the Districts interested applicants should fill Public Service
Commission form 3 (revised 2008) available at the office of the Secretary Public
Service Commission or Secretaries District Service Commissions countrywide.
The filled forms together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous
employment, two passport size photographs, names and addresses of three
referees, applicants daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all certified
academic certificates/testimonials should be submitted to the various Secretaries
of the respective District Service Commissions of Napak, Bukedea, Lyatonde and
Oyam districts not later than Friday 25th January 2013 at 5:00p.m
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2013