ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter
Deadline of this Job:
24th March 2013
VACANCY AT ANPPCAN UGANDA CHAPTER
The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and
Uganda Chapter is a national child focused organization working to protect and
promote the rights of
children with particular focus on preventing and redressing violations of children’s
ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter seeks to recruit competent dynamic and creative
individuals to join her
team of passionate child advocacy professionals in the following position:
Position : Legal Officer
Duty Station : Arua District
Reports to : Programme Coordinator Arua
Purpose of the position
A Legal protection of children who are at risk of or are victims of abuse, neglect
Providing legal input into ANPPCAN’S work and engagements at district and
Responsible for ensuring the recovery and re-integration of abused children
1) To assist the District Programme Coordinator in receiving, assessing and
responding to cases of abused
children depending on the specific needs of children; including complaints of a
legal nature to the
protection of the rights of children within Arua district.
2) To engage with key actors in the justice system to create a victim-friendly
environment for abused
children seeking justice in Arua district.
3) To participate and contribute to ANPPCAN’s public education work in Arua
district on the legal and other
aspects of children’s rights.
4) Working with other actors to link children to other necessary support services
and ensuring that they
access such service.
5) To assist the District programme coordinator in documenting and reporting on
the work of ANPPCAN in
Arua district in relation to service delivery for abused children.
6) Posting of cases in the case work database and case follow up.
7) Writing reports on activities implemented.
8) To assist the District programme coordinator in proposal development for the
Qualifications and person specifications
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognized institution with a
practicing certificate that
is admissible in the High Court of Uganda.
• At least one year’s experience in the provision of Legal Aid services either as a
volunteer or regular
staff in a professional setting.
• A sound understanding of the legal, policy and institutional framework for the
protection of children’s
rights in Uganda is a must.
• Willing and able to work well at a community level in a rural environment.
• Ability to function well as part of a muliti-disciplinary team.
• Dynamic, hard working, result oriented and able to work with minimum
LEGAL OFFICER - ARUA • Knowledge of Lugbar and or Alur a MUST
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in and submit a Vacancy Application Form which is
www.anppcanug.org/vacanciesto email address - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission: Sunday 24th March 2013 – any applications received
after this date will
not be considered
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews
will be contacted. Any form
of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in February 2013