Total E&P Uganda
Total E&P Uganda is offering four Masters Degree Scholarships for the academic year 2013 / 2014, starting November 2013.
Deadline of this Job:
1st March 2013
Applications are open for:
Masters Degree in Petroleum Engineering & Project Development: Ref No:
Masters Degree in Health & Safety Engineering: Ref No: MASTER HSE2
Total scholarship program Total Scholarship Program
Total scholarship program is an ongoing commitment to support national
participation in the oil and gas industry through the company offering scholarships
opportunities to Ugandan nationals for international recognized Master’s degrees.
This makes a solid contribution to the future of Uganda as the company is
investing in education and capacity building addressing both existing industry skills
gaps and national capacity development and should enable Total to answer its
needs in manpower.
Applicants are invited to apply for Masters degree scholarship leading to a career
in either Drilling Engineering or Health & Safety Engineering.
Skills attained after the program
D u r i n g t h e M a s t e r s ’ P r o g r a m m e , t h e graduates will learn to:
MSc Petroleum Engineering and Project Development
• Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields.
• Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and development wells.
• Carry out drilling optimisation programmes.
• Design, supervise, and evaluate well completion, work over and well stimulation
• Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities.
• Carry out production optimisation and well performance enhancement
• Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil and gas field review and field
MSc Health & Safety Engineering
• Appreciate the regulatory framework for safety management in the industry.
• Evaluate and manage occupational risks and hazards in the industry.
• Plan, prevent and manage Fire and Explosion.
• Conduct Unsafe Acts Audits in Plants and Facilities.
• Design, supervise, and evaluate safety facilities / programmes in the oil & gas
• Participate effectively in multidisciplinary project development teams.
• Handle chemical processes and avoid the toxicological effects.
• Train manpower for chemical hygiene protocols.
Duration of the program
The duration of both programs is 12 months of intensive full time study followed by
on-jobtraining (duration to be determined).
The scholarship will cover the following:
• One return flight ticket per year.
• Student medical care.
• Accommodation at the student’s residence.
• Monthly living allowance.
• Ugandan nationality.
• Below 26 years by 31/01/2013.
• First Class Degree or Upper Second Class Degree in any Bachelors of
• Committed to coming back to Uganda after the scholarship program.
Only candidates fulfilling the above mentioned criteria will be contacted and will go
through various assessments including panel interviews, aptitude tests and
The final awarding of the scholarship depends entirely on the independent
decision of the company and host school.
Job application procedure
Please send a detailed CV, clearly stating your GPA and a cover letter explaining
why you should be considered for this scholarship to the email below:
Include the reference number for the masters program you are applying for in the
subject of your email.
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY 1 MARCH 2013 AT 17:00HRS
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
(Do not attach other documents to your application at this stage)
Contacted candidates will be requested to provide the documents below:
● Certified copies of university transcripts
● Certified university degree certificate
● Introductory letter from your Local Council
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in February 2013