Jobs at: Rakai Health Sciences Program
Vacancy title: Human Resource Officer
Deadline of this Job: 28/06/2013
Job details: Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
To provide support to the Human Resource Manager in the management of the
Human Resource function, with special focus on recruitment/appointments,
contract terms and conditions of service, staff welfare /benefit management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to the staff appraisal process, including sending
appraisal forms to the various users, providing technical guidance to appraisers as
required, analyzing the forms when filled, preparing summary reports on the
appraisals in line with the HR policies.
• Supports the Human Resource Manager in monitoring staffing situation in the
program by reviewing staff levels, identify staff gaps, and compile data on
vacancies and other inadequacies
• Implement and monitor staff recruitment and deployment
• Maintain a record of impending staff retirements, and plan for timely
• Manage staff leave schedules and database.
• Participate in staff development/Trainings
• Assist in attending to individual staff problems, grievances and concerns.
• Assist in updating Job Descriptions and renewing staff contracts
• Perform administrative duties in the HR office that may include but not limited to
filling, organizing and representation in departmental meetings.
• Maintain HR records and information on the HR databases.
• Coordinate staff Medical, IDs and Welfare activities as required including
workman’s compensation insurance cover.
• Process HR related payments.
• Any other official duties as may be assigned management
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Bachelor Degree or Diploma holder in Human Resources Management,
Business/Office Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years
relevant work experience in HR Management and/or Office Administration.
Excellent planning, organizational and implementation skills. Strong interpersonal
skills, Records Management, knowledge of Uganda Labour Laws. Self starter, with
drive and enthusiasm. IT literate (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) with strong
written and oral communications skills. Good Financial awareness will be an added
Job application procedure
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic
documents and detailed resume (C.V) with three recognizable referees not later
than 28th June, 2013 to:
The Human Resource Manager Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Or Send by E-mail to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in June 2013