Vacancy title: Procurement Officer
Deadline of this Job: 28/06/2013
Job details: Reporting to: Procurement Manager
The Procurement Officer will provide Procurement support services in all RHSP
procurement functions in accordance with RHSP procurement guidelines and
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Check and prepare specifications, terms of reference & statement of
requirements in liaison with user departments
• Preparing and issuing Request for quotations or Request for Proposal
• Conduct evaluation of bids and make appropriate recommendations
• Liaise with service providers on procurement matters
• Ensure safe custody of all procurement records
• Prepare submissions for the procurement committee
• Prepare Purchase orders and agreements for the respective service providers
• Ensure timely delivery of goods and services
• Work with the RHSP managers and staff as part of an effective and collegial team
to achieve RHSP goals/ objectives
• Ensure timely payment of suppliers.
• Carry out any other assignments as may be allocated by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
A University degree in Procurement & Supply chain management, Procurement
& Logistics Management, Business Administration – Procurement or any other
At least two years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management in
a busy reputable organization. Should have good interpersonal skills. Strong
written and verbal communication skills.
Computer skills in Navision will be an added advantage.
Ability to negotiate Procurement terms and conditions..
Knowledge of Procurement procedures.
Proficiency in the use of computers especially Excel spreadsheets, inventory,
word-processing packages and e-mail.
Ability to use judgment and initiative in the course of executing responsibilities.
Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, and RHSP contacts in a
courteous and professional manner.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Age Limit. 25-44 years.
Job application procedure
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic
documents and detailed resume (C.V) with three recognizable referees not later
than 28th June, 2013 to:
The Human Resource Manager Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Or Send by E-mail to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in June 2013