Jobs at: UGANDA NATIONAL CULTURAL CENTRE
Vacancy title: EDUCATION AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1)
Deadline of this Job: 16th September 2013
Job details:UNCC is a semi autonomous body established by the Act of Parliament (UNCC Act Cap. 50). It is mandated to preserve, promote and popularize Art and Culture in Uganda. The Institution has employment vacancies to be filled by innovative, self driven and competent candidates to be engaged on contract. Salary is attractive.
POST: EDUCATION AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1)
Reports to: Production Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans and undertakes activities to promote the Arts (visual, performing, creative, screen) throughout the country
· Researches on and documents the cultures of Uganda
· Conducts needs assessments for UNCC training and research goals
· Networks with relevant organizations and groups
· Organizes workshops, seminars, exhibitions and festivals.
· Organizes shows for in-school and out-school children and others
· Plans and executes Community Education Programmes
· An honours Bachelors degree or its equivalent in the Education, Arts, Social Sciences or Communication studies from a recognized institution
· Proof of research work
· Post graduate training in any of the above fields shall be an added advantage.
Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in the field of arts and culture, education or research.
· Ability to set attainable projects in visual and performing arts and manage their achievement.
· Skills in networking and building partnerships which promote visual and performing arts.
· Effectively seeks and communicates information about the Centre programmes and activities.
· Apply relevant computer knowledge.
· Well developed leadership, team building, and communication skills.
· Ability to foster change in self and others.
· Results oriented with a drive to achieve the Centre’s objectives.
Job application procedure
Handwritten applications with copies of relevant documents should be sent by or on 16th September 2013 to; The Secretary
Legal, Human Resource and Public Relations Committee
Uganda National Cultural Centre
P. O. Box 3187
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in september 2013