Uganda Railways Corporation (URC)
PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Deadline of this Job:
4 pm, January 3rd, 2014
Uganda Railways Corporation (URC) is a body corporate established under an Act of Parliament to construct, operate and maintain railway, marine and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods. As a result of privatisation of operations, the mandate of URC changed from that of an operator to that of asset holder, concession monitor and advisor on railway technical matters.
URC is reinforcing its human capital to fulfil its mandate and as a result wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill
the following vacancies:
II. PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Reports to: Managing Director
To initiate, develop, implement and supervise the implementation of Human Resource policies, strategies, guidelines, rules, regulations and
guide the organisation management and staff on all matters of Human Resources planning, management and development
Essential Job Functions:
1. Participating in the development and implementation of URC’s strategic plan, specifically the human resource function;
2. Developing and implementing URC’s HR policies and procedures;
3. Manpower planning and staffing with a focus on diversity;
4. Interview job applicants, review applications/resumes; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s
5. Prepare and maintain the organizations salary structure, job documentation, and job evaluation systems;
6. Work with workforce leaders to resolve internal or external relational issues;
7. Spearhead the performance management and appraisal process;
8. Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on corporation policies, procedures and documentations;
9. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries;
10. Design and conduct new employee orientations;
11. Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing system;
12. Fostering a workplace environment consistent with the organization’s values and mission; and
13. Ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory requirements for the management of human resources;
Person Specifications: 1. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource management, Organisational and Industrial Psychology, Business Administration (Human Resource specialisation) or equivalent qualification from a recognised university; 2. A Post Graduate or internationally recognised professional qualification in a relevant field; and 3. At least 5 years experience in human resource management and development in a public or reputable private organisation. Competencies: • Demonstrable MS Office competence; • Planning, Organising and Coordinating; • Employee performance measurement; • Human Resources Planning and development; • Team Work; • Excellent communication skills; • High level Ethics and Integrity; • Excellent report writing skills; and • Change management and organisational development.
Job application procedure
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be offered in line with the Corporation salary structure.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates with relevant qualifications, experience and the core competences should submit their applications
in a sealed envelope marked “Application for Position of…………..”, addressed to the Managing Director, URC, P. O. Box 7150, Kampala,
Plot 57, Nasser Road, and delivered at the office of the Managing Director, URC. The application should be accompanied with current CV, present position, current remuneration, Certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials and complete addresses of three (3) referees with working telephone contacts and email addresses.
Application deadline: Applications should be submitted by 4 pm, January 3rd, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in December 2013