Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI)
Deadline of this Job:
17th January 2014
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute
(MRC/UVRI) Uganda Research Unit on AIDS based at the
Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe invites applications
from suitably qualified persons for the position of Grants
Administrator. The MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organisation funded by
the Medical Research Council (UK), DFID (UK) and other donor
A Grants Administrator is required to be part of the finance team
to ensure all aspects of the different grants are managed in a
timely manner and as required by the different funders. This
position will be based in Entebbe, with a two-year contract
renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting grant applicants in preparing a budget and
submitting the financial part of a grant application.
- Providing the grant holder with regular monthly financial
information showing expenditures to date and projected
costs until the end of the project
- Ensuring that grants recharge overheads and are costed on
a full economic basis
- Setting up new grant codes and ensuring that the grant
holders are aware of them
- Acting along with the Senior Accountant as the main point
of contact for the donor organisation and grant holder at the
- Summarising overall external income reports for monies
received from outside donors for Head office and other
- Prepare periodic financial reports & invoices to grant project
heads and Donors on expenditure, fixed assets and staff
- Ensure all internal recharges such as mileage and cost of
lab tests are entered in the MS Dynamics accounting system
(Navision) for project operations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and Analysis of grant
balances for review by the Senior Accountant.
- Post all grant income onto MS Dynamics and on the Oracle
- Interact with project teams and communicate with Externalgrant donors as required by the approved agreements/
attend meetings if required
- Maintain and ensure the safe custody of financial documents
and copies of external grant contracts on file.
- Provide support during MRC or donor audits by availing
- Ensure all running grants are implemented as per the
contract requirements e.g filing of timesheets and any arising
issues are communicated and resolved with the donor.
- Answer any ad hoc donor queries
Qualifications and experience: • Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Commerce (Honors), or a related field. • At least two (02) years’ work experience working in a senior donor grant oversight position in a busy grants/donor reporting office is a must. • Part Professional Accountant qualification (CPA, CIMA, and ACCA) would be an advantage. • Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system desired. • Experience working with ERP packages, MS Office programs. • Must have excellent written and oral English skills and be able to communicate throughout all levels of the organization and with other donor organizations. • Must have excellent administrative and organizational skills and previous staff management experience. • Must have a high level of numeracy
Job application procedure
Applications and supporting documents including curriculum
vitae (CV), copies of academic qualifications and names plus
telephone contact details of three referees should either be
The Human Resource Manager,
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS,
Uganda Virus Research Institute,
P. O. Box 49 Entebbe.
Or sent by email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 17th January 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2014