Salaama Vocational Education Centre (SVEC)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, January 20, 2014
The Salaama Vocational Education Centre (SVEC) in Lyantonde is seeking two Technicians who will support teaching and learning in the Bricklaying and Concrete Practice and in the Carpentry and Joinery diploma programs. The successful candidates should be available for employment in mid-January, 2014.
At SVEC, the role of a technician is to assist instructors in preparation of workshops and classrooms, lessons and teaching the subjects of their specialties’ (trades). SVEC is a private tertiary institution under the guidelines of NCHE.
As part of our team, a technician leads by example, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial spirit, high moral values and actions – who does not teach only skills but morals. Technicians are key leaders of production contracts involving students in our workshops.
We invite candidates to submit a letter and resume detailing their abilities suited to the following:
• Advanced Craft Certificate in Bricklaying and Concrete Practice or Carpentry and Joinery from a recognized institution.
• Preference will be given to applicants with industry experience and/or with a certificate in technical teacher training or the equivalent from a recognized institution
• Registered with the ministry of education and sports is of benefit, however, not a requirement immediately
• To assist the instructor in preparing and selecting appropriate learning aid and workshop materials/
• Assist instructors in preparation of schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the approved curriculum on termly and weekly basis.
• Assist instructors to conduct lessons, tutorial and practical training in our workshops according to the set timetable.
• Participate in setting, administering and marking internal and then prepare students for external practical examinations.
• Workshop equipment maintenance and management including record keeping
• Resource management for supplies and materials
• Relevant and high level craftsmanship skills (note shortlisted applicants will be asked to perform a skills test in our workshop)
• Industrial training skills to create practical learning activities for students and assess production contracts for viabilty
• Site setting and management
• To participate in co-curricular activities and community activities.
• To ensure professional behaviour amongst students and staff.
• To serve as a teacher on duty in the workshop.
• To conduct any other duties related to the profession as assigned by SVEC.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills,
• Performance Assessment and Appraisal skills,
• Computer literacy skills,
• Safety and precautionary training skills,
• Curriculum comprehension and interpretation,
• Guidance and counseling skills, including support for students with special psychological needs,
• Entrepreneurship and business skills.
Job application procedure
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Monday, January 20, 2014.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in January 2014