- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
91 Records Officers
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
13th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Introduction The Government of the Republic of Uganda received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Reproductive Maternal and Child Health Services Improvement Project (URMCHIP). The Projects are implemented through the existing institutional arrangements of Government whereby the respective Departments at Ministry of Health and other Government Parastatals are responsible for implementation of the respective components of the Projects. The Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below. .
Scope of the Assignment and Key Responsibilities
The Records Officer will carry out the following duties:
• Provide safe custody for all bid securities, advance payment bank guarantees and ensure that they are properly discharged after signing of contract or after successful execution.
• Closely liaise with user departments and act as a focal person to understand user needs and update them regularly on progress of procurements.
• Manage the procurement tracking tool to monitor and update the status of different procurements.
• Work with Procurement Officers to ensure that the Procurement Plan is being implement in accordance to the Gantt Chart for specific procurements to increase efficiency.
• Enter procurement data and information in the GPP.
• Follow up the clearing agents to ensure that goods are cleared in time to mitigate demurrage charges.
• Receive all documents and ensure that they are property registered in the Book Register.
• Dispatch and route the documents to the designated officers or offices.
• Ensure that the all procurement files are properly maintained to enable safe custody, easy identification, access and retrieval.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Procurement Specialist from time to time in furtherance of the above responsibilities
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelors Degree in Records Management or Development Studies or Logistics from a recognised institution of learning.
• Computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet is mandatory.
• Working experience of minimum of 5 years in records management in a busy organisation or large store.
• Fluency in English and ability to communicate both orally and in writing )
• Able and willing to work under pressure to improve overall performance of the projects.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 13/12/2019 at 4:00PM and addressed to: The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
Block D, Room D109,
Plot 7 Lourdel Road,
P. O. Box 7272,
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: NO. Athly
Publish Bid Notice:11/11/2019
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
Short listing of Candidates: 19/12/2019
Award of Contract: 30/01/2020
Signing of Contract: 13/02/2020
Dr. Diana Atwine PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.