Jobs at:JESA Farm Dairy
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JESA Farm Dairy is a leading dairy brand in Uganda founded in 1989 by the late Mr. James Mulwana. From its small beginnings producing only raw milk, JESA has grown to become a home grown, commercial success story and a flagship East African consumer brand. Today, the JESA brand, with its wide range of fresh, dairy products namely: fresh pasteurized milk, UHT Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Fresh Cream and Cream Cheese; has come to symbolize great taste, high quality, and innovation.
A number of vacancies have been created due to expansion of company operations. This is therefore to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the required job specifications, skillset and experience to fill the following positions at JESA Farm Dairy.
JESA/HR/FARM/01: AGRONOMIST (01 VACANCY)
Coordinate the agriculture operations, specifically the production of high-quality maize and grass silage and hay in the correct volumes as required by the targeted herd size at the farm.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop, lead, and monitor the implementation of the agriculture plan in line with the company goals.
• Coordinate the opening up of land at secondary cultivation stages until a fine soil tilth is achieved for seed sowing.
• Oversee the seed planting process, based on the planting rate as calibrated on the planter and ensures sowing of viable quality seeds from a certified seed company.
• Weed control through use of right herbicides in proper proportions at the right time and stage of the crop in the field.
• Control pests by use of right fertilizer and pesticides in the right quantities as recommended the set guidelines.
• Coordinate the harvesting process, through use of well-maintained farm machinery and equipment which include double & single forage chopper, silage trailers and tractors, hay baler, drum mower, hay bob spreader among others.
• Coordinate the allocation of staff tasks, working schedules, performance assessment, disciplinary actions in line with the organization human resource management guidelines.
• Analysis of the interaction of all the costs involved in the above key areas is very important especially in determining the position of the business in relation to the company goals.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Basic Qualification Bachelor of Science in Agricultural from a recognized institution. Working Experience A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge of the dairy industry
• Soil Teamwork.
• Problem Solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) only (NO ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS) in one file and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject of your email to email@example.com before COB Saturday 02nd October 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.