- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
13th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Introduction The Government of the Republic of Uganda received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Reproductive Maternal and Child Health Services Improvement Project (URMCHIP). The Projects are implemented through the existing institutional arrangements of Government whereby the respective Departments at Ministry of Health and other Government Parastatals are responsible for implementation of the respective components of the Projects. The Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below. .
Objectives of the Assignment:
• The Database Administrator is to support the Ministry of Health in strengthening interoperability, integration, data availability, use, analytics and visualisation across existing and new Health Information Systems (HIS).
• S/he will work closely with the Senior Systems Administrator and the RBF Unit serving as the focal point for all software and database activities to set the strategic direction for interoperability and integration of HIS and executing project plans within assigned timelines.
• S/he will work closely with stakeholders in designing systems and managing the software development life cycle for multiple integrated components.
• In addition, the Database Administrator will maintain and support the performance, security and optimisation of MoH database systems and new/ existing applications to ensure business continuity and enhance data consumption by all MoH technical programs/departments.
• S/he will also demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear
Scope of the Assignment and Koy Responsibilities
The Database Administrator will support the following:
• Support the process of design, training, hosting, piloting and implementation of results based financing digitalisation supported by URMCHIP, ENABEL and other partners at the Ministry of Health, Design, develop and implement data management and data analytics solutions for Health Information Systems on selected key Indicators (DHIS2, HRIS, PIP and Family connect). Distribute reports (standardand ad-hoc) and dashboards from these different data sources.
• Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues and work toensure data consistency and integrity by implementing data security and management processes/procedures/programs recommended by the MOH ICT security and data management SOPs.
• Support the implementation of identified modalities for RMNCAH data collection within MoH including setup of systems and tools for integration of RMNCAH indicators into eHMIS.
• Provide technical support to electronic collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of RMNCAH information from routine eHMIS assessments and diverse contextual information sources.
• Contribute to the development of the MOH ICT Policy and MOH ICT Strategy Develop /customise software solutions for the MoH by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conter with stakeholders and management; study system flow, data usage and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes; debug, test and deploy software solutions.
• Support the database components of all Mol systems and applications as far as security, optimisation, monitoring, performance and redundancy is concerned.
• Extract, Interface and share data with different databases as required by the Data, Statistics and Epidemiological teams from MoH to facilitate Business intelligence and data warehousing
• Advise ICT management on Database Systems Performance improvement initiatives and Programs
• Automate maintenance tasks such as database backups, log transaction truncating, alerts and notifications in case of database unavailability and regularly test backups to validate their status.
• Implement and maintain Database Backup and Recovery (DR) programs / Initiatives to enhance business continuity in line with the MoH Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policy
• And any other duties assigned by the Senior Systems Administrator
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Competences
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent from a recognised training institution.
• Advanced degree in computer Science will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years' professional experience in software development, including business analysis and requirements engineering with at least 3 years professional experience in Database Administration.
• Hands-on knowledge of software cross platform development, use and usability design skills and a good understanding of modern programming languages like PHP, Java, HTML5 and C#, as well as the likes of Adobe Flash Lite, Python. Additional understanding of database management languages including MySQL, PostgreSQL
• and Apache Derby is preferred.
• Experience in reverse engineering and creating requirements documents for an existing system (as is scenario) by reviewing any type of software code
• Experience in reverse engineering and creating requirements documents for an existing system (as is scenario) by reviewing any type of software code. f) Experience performing systems analysis for systems that cross multiple components and impact multiple systems.
• Experience with front- and back-end web-based applications and familiar with various web service technologies.
• Experience in developing lifecycle documents, including Use Cases, Detailed
• Detailed Design Specifications, and Software Requirement Specifications. i) Excellent leadership, management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Experience with distributed version control systems, specifically Git and GitHub.
• Knowledge of: SMS and USSD mobile based technology
• Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms; interact with users and office staff in non technical, clear terms.
• Work independently and as a team member.
• Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 13/12/2019 at 4:00PM and addressed to: The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
Block D, Room D109,
Plot 7 Lourdel Road,
P. O. Box 7272,
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: NO. Athly
Publish Bid Notice:11/11/2019
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
Short listing of Candidates: 19/12/2019
Award of Contract: 30/01/2020
Signing of Contract: 13/02/2020
Dr. Diana Atwine PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.