Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition. MTI-Uganda is seeking to recruit highly competent, dynamic, trainable and experienced candidate to fill the following position;
JOB TITLE: Enrolled Nurse
REPORTS TO: Head of Nursing
LOCATION: Adjumani(2), Moyo(2), Nakivale (2), Kyaka(2), Rwamwanja(2) & Kyangwali (2)
POSITIONS: Twelve (12)
POSITION NUMBER: #E2062
CONTRACT DURATION: 3 months renewable based on performance and availability of funding .
The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for providing a comprehensive nursing package that includes preventive, curative and public health education services. Ensure quality of care in line with Medical Officers and Clinical Officers prescriptions, medical protocols and universal hygiene standards.
• Certificate in Comprehensive Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery is required
• Registration with Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council is required
• Valid practicing license is required
• Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience is required
• Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles, procedures and techniques
• Knowledge of medical and non-medical waste disposal procedures
• Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
• Skilled in applying professional nursing care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A good command of both written and spoken English
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
• Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice
• Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first
• Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
• Ability to be flexible and manage stress
• Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
Please follow the link below for detailed job description for the position: https://medicalteams-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/dkilama_medicalteams_org/Efn_iNfx0bNKvFEKYth__osBY0YkMj3LUqbYnk3YqRxeQg?e=eoRrpv
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
1. Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV ONLY including 3 work related referees to; email@example.com .
2. Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period required; at the bottom of your CV
3. INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: ONLY THE POSITION NUMBER AND THE LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
4. Do not attach your Academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted
5. Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of file types such as MS Word, PDF.
6. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MTI is an equal opportunity Employer.
While we thank all applicants for applying, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MTI is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.