EverFlow Business Manager
Jobs at:International Lifeline Funds (Lifeline)
Deadline of this Job:
12 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: EverFlow Business Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Manager (WASH) & Country Director
Salary Grade: (SL: D7-D10)
Duly station: Apac Field Office with frequent travels
Duration: 1-year renewable
EverFlow Africa seeks a Business Manager to lead the operations, management, and strategic growth oi a preventative maintenance and repair social enterprise for rural water infrastructure. This person will take ownership of the enterprise to drive EverFlow from its current start—up state into its future state where it is a solution for all stakeholders in the water access ecosystem.
At EverFlow Attica, we envision a world where it ls no longer a challenge tor over 2 billion people to access sate water — one in which we reliably demonstrate how solutions can be designed with and by local assets. We are working towards a world in which rural communities have the resources necessary to pursue self determination.
Our mission is therefore to assist rural communities in developing and maintaining water sources through financially sustainable models, and thereby end long term dependence on external resources. Everflow Africa is a maintenance and repair social enterprise that prevents hand-pump breakdowns and minimizes costs through risk sharing, Much like a utility, tor a flat monthly subscription fee, each participating community receives:
1) a regular maintenance service visit from a vetted mechanic,
2) a 1-2 year pump overhaul to replace wear parts
3) a 24hour response window tor emergency repairs. and
4) a toll-tree Help Desk hotline to report breakdowns and functionality issues
EverFlow is value proposition is declined by pump functionality, trusted service provision, and affordability. Since the launch of the Eveflow enterprise in August 2017, customer communities have enjoyed 9,7 6% pump up-time, which translates to just 1-46 days without water service per year. In terms of affordability, tire cost to each water user is approximately 8 times cheaper than accessing a private borehole.
When communities do not have to wonder whether or not they will be able to access sate water, they can save time the money, better maintain health and hygiene, and locus their efforts on economic and educational development to continuously improve their wellbeing. .
The Business Manager will have the opportunity to tackle the issue of sustainability of rural water systems arid the technical, economic and cultural barriers that have hindered success in the area.
The Business Manager will benefit both learning and being able to influence the sector, as the Ministry or Water and Environment policies are transformed. They will also benefit from being at the vanguard or evidence gathering in partnership with prestigious national and international actors, such as Stanford University
This position is based in the International Lifeline Funds (Lifeline) field office in Apac District, Uganda and wilt require frequent visits to rural communities. the Business Manager will work closely with Lifelines WASH teem traced in Apac and the country team based in lira, as well as connect and collaborate with the global team based in Washington. D.C The Business Manager will have the opportunity to influence how loT technology will impact service delivery the business model and its visibility via our partnership in developing the India Mark II Smart Sensor with charity: water.
This position will report to the Senior WASH Program Manager and Country Director.
• Marketing and sales (increase rates of on time payment, increase new community enrollments)
• Design and implement new incentives for customers and service providers
• Operational excellence (maintain % uptime. % On time Repair)
• Manage hand pump mechanics and other contractors
• Establish and grow customer feedback loops
• Business processes (reporting compliance, data management/software, physical)
• leveraging technology, partnerships, and data to re-define the supply and demand sides oi the business
• Develop web presence (up to date performance metrics online) in coordination with Lifeline's Communications team
• Business forecasting and financial planning (developing strategic plans for growth and market diversification)
• Create and manage annual and long-term budget projections
Preferred experience and characteristics
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
• 5 -7 years demonstrated business experience
• Well-versed in setting and tracking business performance metrics
• Experience with start-up businesses is highly desirable
• Dynamic, entrepreneurial, and self-driven
• Ethical, responsible, and hardworking
• Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) knowledge/experience is not essential, but a plus
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PwerPoint is desired
Timeline This position is open for immediate hire with an expected start date March 15th 2021. Compensation is negotiable based on experience (SL:D7-D10)
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Email your cover letter. resume and wining sample to HR Manager Babra Bridget Akello at firstname.lastname@example.org and HR@lifelinefund.org with a subject line of “EverFlow Business Manager Application "
ln your submission tell us what makes you unique as an individual and team member.
Only applications with all 3 required documents will be considered. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Any kind of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.