- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Field Education Coordinator
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Reports to: Area Manager - Arua
Primary Purpose: Support the implementation of the project in Yumbe. Tire Field Education Coordinator will be responsible to carry out ﬁeld activities, monitoring , the progress of the projects activities and will be the key focal point for the project in Yumbe District. The role will have direct interaction with teachers, school management committees, Teachers colleges, head teachers of selected schools, community groups, and other stakeholders.
Main Duties and Tasks:
• Support the design of community mobilization plan and teacher professional development plan
• Coordinate all community mobilization activities to improve district and community support tor access to quality education
• Apply school improvement plans, RTRR and VAClS guidelines to improve management of schools, curriculum delivery, lite skills education and safety of children
• Lead professional development activities for teachers and instructional coaches:
• Mobile~ Mentoring, ln class instructional support for teachers, teacher training
• Monitor all project activities and gather data on project activities, outputs, and outcomes
• Contact person for the quality Education Project in the district
• Keeping regular contact and coordinating activities whh other education stakeholders _
• Keeping records of the all ﬁnancial transactions and reporting them to the project coordinator on a monthly basis
• Develop detailed project reports to ensure accountability and transparency to project partners and other stakeholders
• Strengthen capacity oi schools and communities to improve quality, enrichened, attendance, teaming outcomes and protection for Most Vulnerable Children
• To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the FCA Code of Conduct.
• A Degree in education, educational administration, Teacher education or a related ﬁeld and working experience in remote communities '
• Experience in educational program administration work‘
• Administration/supervision of special education programs, school safety programs. (Experience in continuous professional development)
• Experienced Primary education with deep knowledge of Uganda's Education system and Ugandan curriculum; will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, capacity to engage community and all levels of education stakeholders to promote right to and access to quality education
• Over 5 years’ experience supporting professional development of Ugandan teachers; including experience in teacher training programs
• Motor cycle driving permit is a MUST
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.