- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
GSU Logistics Assistant
Jobs at:Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V http://www.thejohanniter.de
Deadline of this Job:
December, 2nd 2019.
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Johanniter –Unfall-Hilfe e.V is a German Christian Non-Governmental Organization, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service progammes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany.
Johanniter International Assistance is the department for development co-operation and Emergency assistance, implementing and supporting mostly health projects world-wide. (www.thejohanniter.de)
In Africa, Johanniter International Assistance implements programmes currently through its offices
in South Sudan, DR Congo, Kenya-Djibouti, Mozambique and Uganda. Our strategic objectives are to contribute to a life in dignity in humanitarian crisis or immediately after disasters as well as to build resilience of vulnerable people and communities to minimize risk exposure and to enable them to prevent and respond to the effects of crisis such as armed conflict, natural disasters and climate change. Programmes are mainly focusing on Primary Health Care, including wash and Nutrition, and Food Security/: livelihoods
Job Location: Global Support Unit – (currently based in Kampala Uganda) - with limited travel to Johanniter Project Countries.
Length of contract: 12 months with possible extension
Reporting to: Global Logistics Manager
Working with: Team of National and International staff in in Uganda, and with other Country Offices in the Johanniter organization, as required
Role purpose and Context
The GSU Logistics Assistant will be responsible for reviewing and controlling operational logistics across all Johanniter Project Countries. This will require an attention to detail in Country Office voucher verification and the ability to perform qualitative analysis to the logistics process. S/he will be responsible to help the HQ Logistics team ensure that the organisational logistics strategy is delivered through a new global support operating model which complies with Johanniter Logistics Environments guidance and overall organisational objectives.
S/he will provide guidance and support to/and control of Country Offices’ logistics teams and Johanniter Partner organisations with a focus on ensuring donor and Johanniter guidelines are complied with. S/he will provide assistance for Country Offices and their Partners (where applicable) to be accountable for their responsibilities, to ensure that effective logistics principles and protocols are in place.
S/he will be actively involved in the operation of the Global Support Unit and HQ Logistics Department and required to be hands on during the initial implementation phase, while also being flexible during a significant period of organisational change.
Job Responsibility and Accountabilities
Logistical Management & Reporting
• Support the Global Logistics Manager in the implementation of new Global Logistics Management and Reporting Structures, with full involvement of all key stakeholders, specifically in assuring second level controls
• Responsible for review of documentation for procurements, inventory, insurance and asset management of goods and services (second level control)
• Review monthly closing checklists, with reconciliations prepared by each country office to ensure completeness
• On the monthly basis, control quality of vouchers uploaded on SharePoint, and propose corrections/amendment, whenever required.
• Review logistics financial booking lists against vouchers on monthly basis, ensuring expenditures are booked under their respective budgets, and propose corrections/amendment whenever required
• Review and ensure that logistical reports and donor reports are in line with the appropriate reporting requirements
• Review controls of Country Offices and partner organisations and provide feedback, technical support, guidance and recommendations
• Work closely with HQ logistics desk and Country Offices to improve logistical systems and processes in project countries
• Provide feedback to Country Offices and HQ regarding procurement processes andquality of documentation
• Support Country Offices in logistical partner assessments and review partner policies and processes regarding procurement issues
• Support Country Offices to help ensure quality is maintained in all aspects of logistical management
• Give feedback and recommendation to logistics staff and focal points in Country Offices and Partner organisations to make sure common standards are maintained
• Ensure logistics staff in Country Offices, Partners and non-logistical staff increase their competence related to logistical issues
• Any other task as required by Global Logistics Manager, Global Support Unit and Global
Others: Stand-in for Global Logistics Manager
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university (preferably in Logistics/Procurement
or minimum 4 years logistical/procurement experience)
• Experience of conforming with external donor (e.g. AA, BMZ, ECHO, USAID) and statutory
• Fluency in English, orally and in writing
• Solid understanding of logistics processes
• Proven experience in delivering trainings for logistics and non-logistics staff
• High degree of computer literacy
• Experience in working with partner organisations (capacity development)
• Understanding of humanitarian programming
• Knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset
Job Education Requirements: High degree
• Ability to work well within a multi-cultural staff in multiple and remote locations
• Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, with the ability to present logistical
matters to all stakeholders including non-logistical managers.
• Knowledge and experience of modern logistics frame work
• Self-motivated and ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
• Ability to work in a team and motivate colleagues and staff of partner organisations
Willingness to travel, when necessary
Please note that this is a Local Position for Ugandan Nationals or Foreigners with
Job application procedure
Applicants should include a Cover Letter and detailed CV/Resume and send to the Head of Global Support Unit, Lubbobo Close, Plot no 4463, block 244 Kisugu Meyunga. All
applications to be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday December, 2nd
2019. ONLY Electronic Applications will be considered and only Short-listed
Candidates will be contacted
Keep up with innovative ways for job search and surveillance, get announcements related to career development, and get to know the newest job openings by liking the page.