- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Information Systems Architect
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
13th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Introduction The Government of the Republic of Uganda received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Reproductive Maternal and Child Health Services Improvement Project (URMCHIP). The Projects are implemented through the existing institutional arrangements of Government whereby the respective Departments at Ministry of Health and other Government Parastatals are responsible for implementation of the respective components of the Projects. The Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below. .
Objectives of the Assignment:
• The Information Systems Architect will support the Ministry of Health in the development and implementation of ICT strategies as well as the introduction and implementation of new cost effective ICT technologies.
• S/he will work closely with relevant Technical Departments and Partners to support digitalization of Results Based Financing in particular and in addition support business process re-engineering to allow for automation, efficiency and timely delivery of services across a departments in the Ministry of Health.
• S/he will also support the MoH to evaluate, recommend and implement ICT infrastructure solutions that allow for optimal application performance, security and interoperability.
Scope of the Assignment and Key Responsibilities
The Information Systems Architect will support the following:
• Support the process of design, training, hosting, piloting andimplementation of results based financing digitalisation supported by URMCHIP, ENABEL and other partners at the Ministry of Health.
• Development of a document management system in accordance with the MOH ICT Policy and office needs to allow for document versioning, document scanning, and document escalation/ workflows.
• Participate in the development of the MoH ICT Policy and MOH ICT Strategy.
• S/he will further work closely with the MoH ICT Team to develop internal Standard Operating Procedures and ensure implementation and compliance to the ICT Policy and Strategy. Implement a Network Access Control solution for the Ministry of Health to improve security and manage access to MoH network resources.
• Contribute to the design and Development of an information exchange layer for Health Information Systems.
• Support the infrastructure components of all MoH systems and applications as far as security, optimisation, monitoring and redundancy is concerned.
• Evaluate, analyse problems and recommend necessary changes in performance tuning and
• infrastructure design.
• Write infrastructure related scripts to automate all manual tasks plus streamline operational activities.
• Document detailed layouts of the current MoH infrastructure and configuration Work closely with the Senior Systems Administrator, ICT developer and ICT Database Administrator to ensure that applications are suitably deployed and optimised for use.
• Implement and maintain infrastructure Backup and Recovery (DR) programs / Initiatives to enhance business continuity in line with the MOH Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policy.
• And any other duties assigned by the Senior Systems Administrator
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
• Master's degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in Information Technology and at least 3 years' professional experience in development and implementation of ICT Solutions and Infrastructure.
• Knowledge of Windows/Linux based packages/applications.
• Experience with Hypervisor technologies VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Proxmox etc
• Experience with implementation of Converged and or Hyper converged infrastructure technologies
• Excellent leadership, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Professional training and certifications in IT Specialised areas such as Windows Server, Linux and VMware
• Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms; interact with users and office staff in non-technical, clear terms.
• Work independently and as a team member, C) Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Master's degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 13/12/2019 at 4:00PM and addressed to: The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
Block D, Room D109,
Plot 7 Lourdel Road,
P. O. Box 7272,
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: NO. Athly
Publish Bid Notice:11/11/2019
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
Short listing of Candidates: 19/12/2019
Award of Contract: 30/01/2020
Signing of Contract: 13/02/2020
Dr. Diana Atwine PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.