- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
20th May 2017 by 4:00pm
Nansana, Wakiso, Uganda
Kyagulanyi Ministries Uganda is a Christian Non for profit organization duly registered with the Registrar of Companies of Uganda as a non-profit organization to provide a platform for the youth, children and Adults to transform their lives and foster them to become responsible citizens who are God fearing and of devoted character. The overall project consists of five programs namely; Expedition and development camps, Evangelism, Orphans & vulnerable children, Entrepreneurship & Employability and Media. These programs are further anchored by site/field projects of Practical Education, Leadership Training, Community Initiative and Counselling psycho-social support and a cross line Discipleship training program. Our motivation to establish this organization was our craving to want the children, youth and Elders of Uganda to undergo character transformation, become problem solving leaders through church, natural environment stewards and become wholly responsible citizens who believe in GOD. Our project shall at all times consider GOD as the centre of focus for all the world systems thus i.e. freedom from political and individual selfish influence, non-faith learning and will at all times be in line with our goal and mission.
Job Summary: The Ministry Administrator who will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The tasks of the office administrator will include bookkeeping and mentoring office assistants. The office administrator will ensure smooth running of our Ministries offices and contributes in driving sustainable growth. The Administrator will support and enhance the Executive’s effectiveness by providing information for management support and representing the Executive Director(ED) where required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to Ministry policies.
• Attends Council as a non-voting member to report on status of all areas of responsibility and to receive direction in those areas. Serves as a member of the Council Advisory Team.
• Teams with the Senior Pastor and Resident Pastor to guide, direct and manage the critical functions of the church/ ministry to meet the long-term goals of the church.
• Serves as a member of the Leadership Team to provide support and visioning.
• Monitors annual nominating cycles so that nominations are made in a timely fashion for all offices of the church/ Ministry.
• Coordinates planning and execution of the new leader orientation.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings.
• Supervises employees within the guidelines of the Christian Reformed polity.
• Monitors the performance of all personnel and coordinate the job performance evaluations Daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
• Provides oversight and direction to the Finance Team.
• Initiates budgeting process, compiles data, creates Ministry Plan booklet, and presents budget to the Council and congregation for approval.
• Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure effective performance.
• Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management.
• Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.).
• Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures from ministry Sub departments.
• Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
• Prepare and submits timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
• Support colleagues whenever necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a University degree in any of the following; Business administration, Secretarial studies or relevant University education
• A minimu of five years’ experience in a similar position.
• The applicant should Possess a personal belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour, in compliance should be a born again.
• The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
• The incumbent should also be self-motivated and trustworthy.
• Be in agreement with Kyagulanyi Ministry stated mission and goals.
• The applicant should be a self- starter and willing to work long hours where necessary
• Skills include organizing, delegating, and supervising; evaluation effectiveness of existing methods and procedures; operating a variety of office equipment and computer programs.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems; computer systems and applications; business office processes, including general accounting principles; able to prepare effective and understandable documents and correspondence.
• Excellent writing, communications and diplomatic skills
• Strong presentation, planning, Time Management, Organization and coordination skills.
• Skill in maintaining professional internal and external relationships.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of Administration, general Office practice and Office security management.
• Computer literacy skills i.e. Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Microsoft power point and Microsoft access, web content management and internet communication technologies are MUST.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Age: Between 40 – 50 years
• Sex: Male Only
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should E-mail their application letters and updated CVs only to; firstname.lastname@example.org.