- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Risk Management Officer
Jobs at:Agricultural Business Initiative Group
Deadline of this Job:
29th November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organisation Background: The Agricultural Business Initiative Group is a social enterprise with the overall vision to contribute to a competitive and sustainable agriculture and agribusiness sector in Uganda in support of equitable wealth creation in Uganda'. The aBi Group consists of two companies Limited by Guarantee, aBi Development (formerly aBi Trust) and aBi Finance.
The main focus of aBi Development is to increase agricultural production and value addition by extending matching grants and business development services (BDS) to agribusinesses, farmer organizations and intermediaries. The grants and BDS enhance planning and management, production and business infrastructure, and upstream and downstream market linkages of producers and agribusinesses. aBi Finance expands access to business finance for agricultural producers and agribusinesses by offering to Financial Institutions (Fls), financial incentives and infrastructure that make lending to the agricultural sector more attractive and less risky. Under the Financial Services Development (FSD) programme aBi Finance provides matching grants to Fls to build institutional capacity for enhancing the provision of financial services and increase outreach in rural areas.
1. RISK MANAGEMENT OFFICER (Re-advertised, previous applicants need not reapply)
The purpose of the role is to advise on management of aBi risks assess risks (threats and opportunities), partake in developing and implementing the Business Continuity Management System, and contribute to improving the Compliance Management System. The job also involves ensuring that the daily and long-term business practises: are well within the current national and international regulatory requirements together with the internal policies and procedures.
Detailed job description can be downloaded from the aBi website http://www.abi.co.ug/jobs .
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• To support the development and implementation of the organisation's Enterprise Risk Management System.
• To proactively partake in risk management activities, contribute towards building a culture of risk awareness and appreciation.
• To identify potential compliance issues in the organisation processes and procedures and advise on remedial Action
• To facilitate the organisation in developing and implementing risk treatment plans.
• To support abi in developing, implementing and maintaining an adequate Business Continuity Management System.
• To provide information for risk and compliance for decision making to various stakeholders of aBi.
• To support the process of development and review of Bi's compliance policies and procedures in line with the regulatory framework.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position title in the email subject line. Deadline for submissions is Friday 29th November 2019 at 2:00pm. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.