- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Safety Health & Environment (SHE) Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
8th November 2019
Date Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
• To develop safety, health and environmental awareness among staff and the public leading to minimising accidents and enhance UEDCLs compliance with the statutory SHE requirements.
• The Senior Safety Health & Environment Officer will be in charge of the overall safety function of the company, with the responsibility for providing advice and guidance to the senior management team on the development of safety strategies, ensuring strict adherence to the company’s safety standards and dealing with as well as managing external stakeholders with regards to matters relating to safety and the environment
• Develop the company’s health and safety policy and strategies.
• Implement risk assessments practice and provide advise on how risks could be reduced,
• Verifying safety precautions stipulated on permits to work.
• Ensure job safety analysis are being implemented by authorized technical staff.
• Maintain and track safety training files, certifications & all licenses required by the regulator.
• Ensure each employee receives necessary appropriate training and training records are maintained.
• Prepare periodic and special reports to senior management team.
• Assess and implement available technologies and services to improve SHE performance of the company.
• Ensure UEDCL operations complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management
• Ensure the quality of staff protective wear meet required stands to fit the purpose.
• Assists in the resolution of specific disciplinary or grievance cases, including acting as an arbiter between the staff and the Manager.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Technical requirements/experience/qualifications (Degree in Engineering)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environment Engineering and Management with a proven track record of more than five years in health and safety management.
• Accredited professional qualification (NEBOSH, Risk assessment and firefighting) in health and safety management is must.
• Person specifications:
• Good communication and written skills.
• Experience gained at senior level with respect to health, safety and environment in a similar or related industry.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; proficiency with the international health and safety standards
• Experience gained at a senior level with respect to health, safety and environment in a similar or related industry;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and Proficiency with the international health and safety standards.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Five years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is Friday 8 November 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.