Supply Chain Manager
Jobs at:JESA Farm Dairy
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JESA Farm Dairy is a leading dairy brand in Uganda founded in 1989 by the late Mr. James Mulwana. From its small beginnings producing only raw milk, JESA has grown to become a home grown, commercial success story and a flagship East African consumer brand. Today, the JESA brand, with its wide range of fresh, dairy products namely: fresh pasteurized milk, UHT Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Fresh Cream and Cream Cheese; has come to symbolize great taste, high quality, and innovation.
A number of vacancies have been created due to expansion of company operations. This is therefore to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the required job specifications, skillset and experience to fill the following positions at JESA Farm Dairy.
JESA/HR/ED/03 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (01 VACANCY)
Develop and implement supply chain management policies and guidelines for all materials (raw and non-raw material), goods and services in accordance with the company guidelines, statutory regulations and procurement standards and best practice. SCM includes procurement, dispatch, logistics and warehousing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
• Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
• Monitor the inventory levels of all materials and tracking the re-order levels to avoid over stockings and stock outs
• Determine appropriate equipment and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
• Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving. Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes and predict effects on supply chain activities.
• Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
• Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
• Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
• Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
• Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success. Monitor suppliers' activities to assess performance in meeting quality.
• Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
• Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
• Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
• Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
• Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
• Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement from a recognized institution. CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply as an added advantage. A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience with at least 2 years’ supervisory experience
Skillset, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge of the dairy industry
• Supply chain, warehouse, and transportation / logistics management.
• Problem solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) only (NO ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS) in one file and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB Saturday 02nd October 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.