Deadline of this Job: 08 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Age Limit: 35 Years
Experience: 2 Years
1. Secure Pride’s premises both head office and branches.
2. Prevent loss and damage to Pride.
3. Prepare security reports.
4. Advise management on Security systems i.e. access control, CCTV cameras, alarm systems and metal detectors.
5. Supervise the hired security service personnel.
6. Facilitate the periodic review of security policies and procedures for staff to follow for their safety, client’s safety as well as for the safety of the company’s assets.
7. Provide training and security awareness to all staff.
• Certified Protection Professional.
• Security Management professional.
Deadline of this Job: 11 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
IRC in Uganda
IRC Uganda currently serves five geographic locations in over 15 districts. Through the Strategic Action Plan (SAP) for IRC Uganda, the IRC is committed to programming for refugee communities in refugee settlements in West Nile, Bidibidi, Arua, Kiryandongo, Kyegegwa and Lamwo while continuing to serve rural Ugandans in areas prone to disaster and conflict. Women and children will continue to be our primary beneficiaries. IRC Uganda also currently expanding into South Western region with boots already on the ground in Kyegegwa and Kisoro where there have been influxes of refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
IRC Uganda delivers programming in all outcome areas deepening expertise in Protection, Health and Economic Wellbeing programming as well as commit fully to women and girls’ Power outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety and Security Planning:
• Provide technical support to the SFC on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security, and program continuity.
• Work with SFC and SSM to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans (CPs).
• Undertake continual assessments of equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
• Evaluate, review and update contingency plans for all IRC offices and residences in Yumbe and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved.
• Identify potential security risks through the security risk assessment tool and respond accordingly.
• Report and follow up on all Safety, Security and Access related incidents and ensure that it is timely and properly reported.
• Respond to emergencies and incidents within designated areas promptly and according to policy.
• Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices and areas of operations.
• Maintain regular contact with field staff about security situation in their respective areas.
• Build good relations with the local communities and authorities, in the areas IRC operates.
• Conduct safety and road checks daily, recommend approval or non-approval for travel, and coordinate with other IRC teams on travel.
Building Acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming:
• Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of IRC.
• Follow and enforce all IRC codes of conduct and policies (worldwide and in-country).
• Report any violations to appropriate IRC authority and participate in preventative initiatives.
• Develop and maintain strong follow up systems with Government Departments and Ministries, IO, INGO and NGO agencies, stakeholders in refugee camps and other non-formal community stakeholders for close coordination and information exchange.
• Attend meetings as required to represent the IRC and support coordination in reducing risk.
• Actively seek opportunities that will complement ability to fulfill position’s responsibilities as well as further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external trainings.
• Attend and follow up
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Monitoring & Analysis
• Identify, establish, and manage context appropriate approach to assure IRC facilities are secure – i.e., third party security companies.
• Compile and submit monthly security reporting that track incidents and trends within the IRC’s area of operation. Submit daily contextual updates (daily Security Report) as needed to the SSM.
• Work closely with IRC teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately.
• Coordinate regularly with the SSM on safety and security, and fulfill reporting requirements daily security reports, weekly reports, monthly reports.
• Security Orientation:
• Provide Training(s) that may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications (Equipment – Thuraya; protocols …etc).
• Provide orientations for new staff and visitors in the field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
• The applicant for the International Rescue Committee Safety & Security Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Education, Law, Criminology.
• At least 02 years of Security/Safety background in the region or equivalent
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, and ability to work simultaneously emergences and to multitask
• Very good understanding for the context, culture differences and the changes.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with international and national personnel, as well as with project partners, local authorities and any other community stakeholders and key figures and community members
• Stable, moral, and robust character and a good team-player
• Excellent communication skills, calm, and a good sense of humor
• Proven commitment to accountability practices
• Strong information technology skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Computer literate; strong MS-Excel and MS Word skills
• Training or experience in crisis management
• Training in safety, fire, and evacuation procedures
• Training in safety and disaster management
• Experience negotiating access for humanitarian or other agencies
• Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Guard and patrol the Baylor Uganda premises to protect lives of employees and patients and property against fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity.
• Receive and direct clients and visitors to their rightful destination/ offices.
Conduct hourly rounds to guard the lives of Baylor Uganda staff, patients and property according to Baylor Uganda security guidelines.
Inspect people and packages entering and leaving the building according to requirements of the gate release register.
Security of Premises and Staff
• Interrogate, arrest and hand over suspected criminals to the police according to Baylor Uganda arrest procedures/security regulations and supervisors’ instructions.
• Hand over all assigned utilities to the next security guard on exit after thorough verification according to Baylor Uganda security regulations.
• Sensitize staff on regular security consciousness.
Documentation & Records
Register all visitors coming into and leaving the facility.
Develop night duty rosters with clear working hour shifts and procedures for the guards to complete inspection.
Prepare a monthly security report, updating management on security activities and any disturbances occurring during the serving period.
• Direct visitors to park in the correct spaces to avoid congestion and disturbances.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• O’Level Certificate
• Experience in Security Management for a minimum of five (05) years
• 5 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.