3 Project Officer education
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Project Officer Education (3)
Report to: Area Programme Coordinator
Location: Abim and Karenga, Karamoja District (2), Lunyo, Busia District (1)
Advert Start Date: 12th August 2022
Advert End Date: 18th August 2022
Purpose of the position:
Provide technical expertise and advisory for the successful integration and implementation of World Visions’ Faith and Development modules into World Vision Uganda programming to ensure improved wellbeing outcomes of children in Uganda as guided by National Office Strategy FY21 – 25 as well as supporting staff to live and consistently communicate World Vision Christian faith with boldness and Humility.
Project planning and implementation
• Plan and coordinate all sub county and district based project activities in consultation with the TPO, the CCT and the DEO
• Plan and implement school based project activities.
• Develop activity concepts in line with the detailed annual operation plan, the budget and TP log frame
• Organize meetings and workshops for teachers and field facilitators to implement education project activities and models
• Track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
• Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
• Participant in project management meetings and reflection forums
• Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
• Conduct and facilitate community awareness raising and community mobilization
• Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Partnership and networking
• Identify and build linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the Sub County and District level
• Support development of school improvement plans and monitor their implementation
• Participation in sub county coordination meetings to influence decisions on education
• Organize periodic partner and stakeholder monitoring visits
• Organize teachers and literacy volunteers’ fora to promote learning
• Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at the sub county and the district
• Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting
• Maintain a data bank for schools in the APs, head teachers, enrolment, drop out, teachers, teachers trained in different models
• Conduct school mapping and peer group mapping and document for project activities
• Effectively document all information related to girl child enrolment trends in targeted school
• Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop out of children
• Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Support supervision and Mentoring
• Conduct support supervision and mentoring sessions for teachers
• Facilitate formation of children network/peer networks at school and sub county level
• Support schools to have classroom print rich materials,
• Maintain a record of RCs in Schools and monitor their attendance and performance during school visits
• Hold reflection meetings on key education program activities and indicators
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Must be a holder of a degree in education or any other degree but with a diploma in education.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in education and or community work.
• Must have classroom teaching experience of not less than 2 years
• Experience in the education sector programming in a reputable organization is an added advantage
• Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
• Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
• A high level of integrity is required
• Experience of working in the field (communities)
• Knowledge of project management and project cycles
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.