3 Community Based Trainers
Jobs at:CEDO Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2020
Date Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CEDO Uganda is a child focused not for profit development organization established in 1992. The organization is dedicated to supporting vulnerable children and their families. Over years, the Organization has focused mainly on child rights protection and advocacy, promoting the right to education to the most disadvantaged children, the right to food and good health. CEDO has also engaged in promoting civic rights and good governance and promoting rights of women and other underprivileged groups. CEDO has been implementing the Tugende-Tutandike Program targeting vulnerable children and their caregivers in three (3) Sub-Counties of Masindi District; i.e. Budongo, Karujubu, and Pakanyi and Koch Goma sub county in Nwoya district The program undertakes to challenge underlying causes of poverty at a household level by empowering the most at risk populations through knowledge, appreciating their rights and promotion of other sources of income to improve livelihoods. CEDO is therefore seeking to hire services of a Project Officer and 03 Sub County Based Community Based Trainers with the requisite qualifications as listed below. The successful Project Officer Applicant shall be based in Masindi, but with frequent travels to Nwoya District, while Community Based Trainers shall located at Masindi Field Office but with direct support to sub county based activities. .
Project implementation and reporting
• Promote the use of modern farming practices and techniques through training,
• advising farmers, farm visits and demonstrations so as to transform targeted families
• from subsistence to commercial farmers in line with GoU policy.
• Promote the Farmer Field Schools Program (FFS) Model for faster adoption of
• improved farming technologies towards building secure livelihoods for the marginal
• poor in the supported community.
• Participate in the reviews, planning, budgeting, implementation as well as in the
• monitoring of project progress.
• Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during project reviews /
• planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
• Responsible for community level engagement and advocacy
• Identify project beneficiaries in collaboration with Local structures and in accordance
• with the laid down guidelines/rules and timeframe.
• Coordinate project activities with sub-county authorities, government extension
• agents and other partners at community level.
• Ensure Small holder farmers’ groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into
• strong business groups/cooperatives (Area Cooperative Enterprises, Producer Groups,
• marketing groups, VSLAs) for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and
• collective marketing of produce
• Develop the farmer's capacity to improve production and productivity of selected
• enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer's
• Establish and follow up demonstrations to facilitate production and productivity
• among the farmers
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
• Document and maintain records pertaining to training, production activities forward
• issues to management for decisions and appropriate action in line with CEDO
• Write up accurate and timely reports pertaining to all planned activities in the required
• format and submit to the Project Officer
• Ensure Care givers of sponsored children are members of farmer groups/ Area
• Cooperatives Enterprises / VSLAs and are accessing business developments services.
• Participate in monthly / quarterly reflection meetings with Village Agents and
• guardians/parents and ECD teachers to address findings from field monitoring.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
• Carry out regular visits to the ECD Centre within your program community
• Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with
• child protection policy and guidelines.
• Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses by
• employing the RTRR (Reporting, tracking, referral and response) guidelines on
• violence against children in schools.
• Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other
stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of
formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
• Minimum of a Diploma in Education, Agriculture or Agribusiness or any other
• relevant discipline.
• One to two year Experience in community work and engagement in Agricultural,
• Education, Economic Development and Livelihood is an added advantage
• Experience of the local context of West Nile is an added advantage
• Experience in Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness skills
• Outstanding knowledge of facilitation/training skills and process skills
• Computer literate
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is an added advantage
• Passion for children.
• Track record of high integrity, reliability and dependability
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Class A Driving Permit.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested and meet the requirements for any of the above positions, please apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line and on the Application Letter. Hand delivered applications SHALL NOT be accepted. Any form of conversing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. Send ONLY your Application Letter and CV, with names and telephone contacts of three professional referees.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.