60 Enumerators and field coordinators
Jobs at:Laterite Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: 60 Enumerators and field coordinators – Laterite Uganda
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
Enumeration areas: Soroti, Amuria and Dokolo districts
Duration: On Project-Basis, Project duration varies 2-8 weeks
Vacancies: 60 enumerators and field coordinators
About Laterite Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. We provide three types of services to clients:
• Data: comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions;
• Research: from the design of large-scale research projects through to analysis; an
• Advisory: strategic and technical research advice.
Laterite currently operates in Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia and the Netherlands. Laterite brings together more than 50 full time staff. In the last few years, we have successfully completed over 100 research projects, working with internationally recognized universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations and several Government ministries and agencies.
You can find out more about Laterite on our website at: www.laterite.com
Summary Laterite is looking for up to 60 highly-motivated young people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Uganda. The position will be based in Soroti, Amuria and Dokolo districts of Uganda. Enumerators will attend Laterite training sessions, conduct surveys, and collect data using a pre-designed data collection instrument. This position is offered on a project-basis. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted based on availability of positions.
Enumerators will also benefit from training sessions aimed at improving their professional development and should have experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection Instruments. They should have the ability to ask the questions exactly as they appear in the questionnaire, keep a neutral attitude with the respondents, good understanding and skill of properly managing respondents, interview locations and maintain the pace of interview.
As part of the COVID-19 SOPs, we will proceed with data collection only if it is safe to do so in these regions. We shall also follow all the SOPs and guidelines as per the ministry of health and the World Health Organisation to ensure the Enumerators safety at all times. Therefore, Residents of the Enumeration Areas are preferred.
Based on interview assessment and relevant experience, Laterite will select candidates to serve as Field Supervisors. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Enumerators and Field coordinator positions:
• Attend training sessions
• Conduct interviews in the field using survey instruments and electronic tablets
• Test questionnaires designed by Laterite in the field
• Travel to different locations to conduct field preparation, contacting local authorities and identifying potential research participants
• Document issues that arise during fieldwork and communicate them to the supervisor
• Keep track of expenses
• Transmit data collected on a daily basis
• Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand
Engage in feedback session with the field team during the project and upon its completion.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Pre-requisites for Enumerators & Field Coordinator positions:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, ICT, Statistics, Business Administration, Social Science or related field
• Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection in Uganda in lieu of at least one year of experience of field-based data collection preferably in the Teso and Lango sub-regions of Uganda
• Fluent and excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and at least one local language Ateso (Soroti dialect)/Kumam/Kiswahili and English/Langi
• Good computer skills – especially the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
• Familiarity with basic smart phones apps henceforth the ability to use Survey CTO or ODK data collection platforms
• Willingness to work in rural areas and on weekends, if required
• Willingness to travel for long periods of time, usually up to 60 days
• Sharp problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
• Consistent punctuality, effective team-player and quick learner
• Excellent communication skills, good team player and ability to cope with unpredictable field conditions
• Smart and presentable, professional and courteous
• Above all, one MUST present a very high degree of morals, honesty and integrity.
Competitive with similar roles in other social enterprises and research firms in Uganda. Benefits include individual/team bonuses.
Working with Laterite Working at Laterite will provide you with the opportunity to develop operational and research skills, whilst gaining first-hand experience working on priority development challenges and opportunities. Laterite offers:
• The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and diverse team of very friendly people.
• A youthful and dynamic environment, that constantly focuses on learning and innovation.
• A company dedicated to ensuring growth and personal development for all its staff.
• A chance to make a difference on relevant policy and development issues
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply and send their letters of motivation and resumes to: https://tinyurl.com/42v6u9aj
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.