Jobs at:Chapter Four Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 02 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 25 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1.0. Position Details
o Organisation: Chapter Four Uganda
o Job title: Accountant (1)
o Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager o Location: Kampala
2.0. Duties and Responsibilities
a) Ensure the efficient management of Chapter Four Uganda’s financial resources in accordance with internal policies and financial standards.
b) Ensure that all Chapter Four Uganda financial obligations and statutory requirements are fulfilled, including requirements to funding partners and timely reporting to Donors and stakeholders.
c) Participate in budget exercises including annual and programme specific budgeting.
d) Ensure monthly budget monitoring for the organization.
e) Liaise with the Finance and Administration Manager to participate in annual audit exercises, including preparation of necessary documentation.
f) Ensure timely disbursement / payment of statutory dues e.g., NSSF, PAYE, as well as core costs e.g., salaries, utility bills and programme expenses
g) Identify, recommend and participate on the review and update of organizational financial policies
h) Ensure adequate record keeping of all financial data as per Chapter Four Uganda policies e.g., filing of vouchers, receipts and other documents.
i) Ensure implementation and adherence to internal controls.
j) Participate in project proposal writing i.e., design / review project budgets.
k) Feed data in accurate manner in the accounting software.
l) Ensure safety of the accounting information and risk management.
m) Preparation of monthly reconciliation and budget Variance analysis.
3.0. Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting / Finance /Financial Management; Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and Accounting); or other related degree program.
• Partial or Complete Levels of ACCA, CPA, ACIS, CPE or equivalent.
• At least three years’ experience in finance and accounting.
• Extensive experience in preparing and managing significant budgets with diverse streams of income and expenditure.
• Extensive experience in working with computerised accounting systems, preferably QuickBooks.
• Experience in designing and delivering finance, policies and systems.
• Experience in analysing financial data and communicating to non-finance staff.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their applications (cover letter addressed to the Ag. Executive Director, CV and academic documents) by email to email@example.com or hand deliver to our offices at Plot 2 Wampewo Close, Kololo, Kampala not later than Friday June 2, 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.