Advanced Wound Care Nurse
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Advanced Wound Care Nurse’s primary role is to offer comprehensive advanced wound care management to our clients at all times.
Key Roles and Responsibilities;
• Provide patients with nursing services as per the set hospital/ clinical standards.
• Coordinate the different prescribed treatment and provide comprehensive wound assessments to our clients at all times.
• Plan of care including goals, implementation of treatment, evaluation and outcomes for patients.
• Provide patient, family and staff education regarding wound management, prevention of pressure ulcers, support surfaces, dressing selections and other therapies.
• Perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
• Provide onsite and offsite wound care and nursing care services including but not limited to VAC therapy, wound dressing
• Record complete, timely, and legible nursing medical records.
• Resource person for physicians wound team and clinical staff.
• Discuss potential side effects of wound care dressings with patients and ascertain that all allergy information is up-to-date before applying particular wound antiseptic or any other topical agents to patient/client wounds.
• Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
• Adhere to company-wide policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all international and local health information privacy laws.
• Participate in routine CME sessions especially those pertaining to nursing care as a discipline.
• Diploma in Nursing from a recognized education institution
• Minimum of 1 year’s work experience in a clinical setting
• Additional training in related fields will be an added advantage.
• Be up to date with registration with Nurses Practitioners council
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of good clinical/nursing procedures and practices
• Good counselling skills
• Ability to be a good team player
General skills requirement;
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service approach and possess a professional, confident and empathetic manner.
• Patience and tenacity, dealing with promptly, identifying creative solutions where applicable to meet/exceed patient’s expectations
• Self-starter, showing an ability to work using own initiative
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.