Jobs at:Young African Refugees For Integral Development (YARID)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, February 14 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 06 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Young African Refugees for Integral Development (YARID) is a registered NGO based in Kampala, founded in 2007 by young Congolese refugees living in Uganda.
The mission of YARID is to empower refugees, orphans and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) around Africa to overcome the burdens of deprivation and vulnerability to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining and contributing members of society.
YARID unites urban refugees through avenues like sports, English classes, and vocational skills training in order to address social issues like ethnic conflicts, unemployment, public health, and lack of access to education. Refugees that YARID serves mainly come from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Burundi, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia.
Employee Category: Full-time (35-40 hours/week)
Reporting Line: Procurement and logistics manager
Deadline: 14th February 2024 at 5:00 PM
As the ambulance driver, you will drive the ambulance safely to emergency locations, transporting emergency personnel, transporting patients, and reporting any needed repairs.
• Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
• Checking the first aid and medical supplies inventory levels before each shift and ensuring the ambulance is well-stocked.
• Assisting patients onto gurneys and loading them into the ambulance.
• Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
• Providing first aid or administering oxygen if the patient requires care before reaching the hospital.
• Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens.
• Maintaining your driving log with daily entries and noting patients' names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
• Reporting accident facts to medical personnel and police officers, when necessary.
• A level certificate.
• A valid Ugandan driver's license.
• Minimum of two years' driving experience with an NGO.
• First aid and CPR certification.
• A clean driving record in Uganda with no traffic violations.
• Knowledge of radio transmission codes.
• Familiarity with GPS systems.
• English language skills and knowledge of French, Swahili is an added advantage.
• Emergency vehicle operator certification may be advantageous.
• Procurement and logistics systems knowledge.
• Excellent defensive driving skills and the ability to read a map.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
• Great judgment and decision-making skills.
• Good physical agility.
Equality and Diversity
YARID Service is committed to the fair treatment of all people, regardless of their gender, race, colour, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, disability, mental health needs, age, domestic circumstances, social class, sexuality, beliefs, political allegiance or trades union membership.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
In accordance with YARID Safeguarding policies. YARID Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Adults. All staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to promptly report any concerns relating to the safeguarding, sexual harassment of children, young people and / or adults in accordance with agreed policy and procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people or adults gives cause for concern the YARID agreed Public Protection Procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure where appropriate.
A background check will be conducted to assess compliance with safeguarding policies.
All our services are free, DO NOT pay anybody and be coursed into abuse of safeguarding policies for a job placement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application before the 14th of February 2024. Please note that there will be a rolling review of applications, so we encourage early application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Send your CV, application letter, LC1 letter, ID, and academic documents to email@example.com with “Ambulance Driver” in the email subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.