Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment and distribution of power in Nine Service Territories covering over 74 Political Districts; it operates the Pole Treatment Plant at Lugogo, and also executes some Rural Electrification Schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandan for the role of Assistant Linesman:
Are you a service driven individual with skills and high integrity? Then you MUST be the one we’re looking for to fill the above position.
Reports to: Assistant Manager
Purpose of the Job: To support the Technical Assistant in connections, Power restoration, Network expansion and maintenance.
Key Result Areas
• Maintain the Network.
• Erect new service poles
• Replace broken HV and LV poles
• Re-conducting on networks
• Simple/ small system improvement.
• Report all illegal system improvement
• Report all illegal connections.
• Report all hazardous vegetation’s
• Ensure that there is effective customer satisfaction
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• A Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Academic Institution.
• Experience of not less than 1 years in a reputable public or private organization while working as an electrical technician
• Proven Track record of Integrity & Work ethics
• Committed team player who is result oriented
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering will be an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 3rd February 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.