Business Development Officer
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Business Development Officer ( Re - Advertised )
Report to: Senior Resource Development Manager
Advert Start Date: 12th August 2022
Advert End Date: 18th August 2022
Purpose of the position:
The Business Development Officer will work within the Resource Development Unit and alongside technical leads in the development of quality project proposals. He/she will support program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with World Vision Uganda’s strategy. This includes pursuing grant and private funding opportunities for multi-sectoral and multi-area relief, recovery and development programs. The job holder will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
Resource Acquisition and Proposal Writing
• Research and review possible funding opportunities and prepare grant opportunity synopses.
• Work with World Vision Uganda technical leads and support offices to develop high quality, innovative proposals.
• Act as overall coordinator between support offices, partners, technical leads, the grant finance unit and other relevant departments (HR, security, M&E, procurement) during the design process until project start up.
• Be the lead writer on grant proposals.
• Work closely with finance and technical staff to develop budgets.
• Review and improve concepts from field offices to proposal level.
• Coordinate and lead proposal design workshops/meetings.
Grant Acquisition Business Planning
• Support the ongoing monitoring and analysis of new grant opportunities by researching on donor websites, newspaper postings and through support offices.
• Maintain up-to-date mapping on donor contacts, trends and opportunities.
• Support mapping of all funding sources with key stakeholders.
• Support the program strategy and planning process with all functions to ensure alignment with the context, humanitarian needs and strategy as well as operational feasibility and technical quality.
• Support the Senior Resource Development Manager with external representation of World Vision Uganda to local donor delegations and networking with NGOs.
• Liaise with partners and donor, as appropriate, throughout the grant application process.
• Maintain proposal archives.
• Compile and analyse relevant information to inform proposal design and promote learning.
• Support the application of mapping and compiling of program information for sharing as required with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the team in updating and maintaining databases such as Horizon.
• Be flexible to undertake additional tasks, from time to time, in order to enhance the overall performance of the Programme Quality Division and World Vision Uganda in general.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
• Demonstrated track record in proposal development.
• Experience in working with international donors (US government, European Union, UN, foundations, etc.).
• Work experience in international relief and development.
• Work experience in intercultural teams and/or abroad.
• Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
• Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
• Excellent writing skills.
• A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
• Understanding of international standards including SPHERE, HAP, Code of Conduct etc.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
• Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
• Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and insecure environment
• Computer competence (Microsoft Office).
• Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Capacity/potential in leadership, relationship management/networking, and coordination.
• Good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to programme design.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.