Communications Manager, Malaria - REACH
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH seeks a Communications Manager for the USAID-funded Reaching every at-risk community and household with malaria services (REACH Malaria) global project. The purpose of the anticipated contract is to provide implementation support services and technical assistance to countries to accelerate progress in comprehensive delivery of facility and community-based malaria services, including malaria case management, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, seasonal malaria chemoprevention, health systems strengthening, data collection and use for service delivery, and other malaria prevention interventions.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the internal PATH project team and communication expertise across consortium partners to drive the development, management, and implementation of communication strategies for REACH Malaria per USAID guideline. The Communications Manager will be responsible for overseeing editorial and design services of all project deliverables and external communications and will work with partners/vendors to ensure the compliance of media materials with USAID regulations.
• Guide, shape, develop, update, and execute the project’s communication priorities and strategy, including key message development, risk communication, strategy and branding, and web content refinement, in line with USAID standards s.
• Lead the development and manage the content of the project’s website and social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) to increase outreach to stakeholders and access to program resources.
• Contribute to the project activities in building capacity and skills of counterparts and beneficiaries in the government, civil society, and the mass media to develop and implement effective public communication activities.
• Support partner organizations, grantees, service providers and consultants in implementing communications activities towards reaching project objectives and targets.
• Identify key accomplishments, learning opportunities, and findings of project activities and deliverables to highlight through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information.
• In close partnership with project leadership, lead in writing, production, or editing of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and success stories related to project activities and accomplishments.
• Facilitate the production of or take lead in developing customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to project activities
• Organize and support workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning.
• Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets.
• Contribute to the development of project-wide branding, strategy, and marketing plans and policies and review content to ensure it is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, tone of voice, and in compliance with PATH and USAID’s branding, strategy, and marketing policies and requirements.
• Bachelor’s (or Masters) degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working in communications in public health, international development, or a related field.
• Experience of working on USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations governing branding and marking is highly desirable.
• Proven management skills and demonstrated success leading a team of communications professionals.
• Proven success at developing and executing strategic communications strategies and deploying and leveraging various media and digital communication channels and tactics to reach and engage key audiences, including media, policymakers, and influencers.
• Demonstrated experience in developing compelling communications content relevant to public health.
• Strong graphic design skills including document layout and producing social media graphics and PowerPoint slides strongly desired.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Experience working in an international context and communicating and working across time zones.
• Diplomacy and tact as an advisor to senior executives and as an external representative to partners and audiences in visible roles and settings.
• Experience providing communications training and capacity building of colleagues; experience with developing-country cultures preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
• Adept at working in a team and multi-stakeholder environment.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills required.
• Ability to interact professionally in French an advantage.
• Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 25%.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.