Communications and Reporting Officer
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 05 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Vines Project, implemented by CRS Uganda, is a five-year, $13 million Food for Progress project that will make Uganda the world’s next leading supplier of high-quality vanilla. Vines will leverage the expertise of CRS and its partners to enhance the production of safe, pure vanilla and develop sustainable market links with US vanilla companies, directly transforming the lives of 16,200 farmers, 836 supply chain actors and create 15,820 new jobs to reach 32,856 vanilla stakeholders. The Vines strategy reflects best practices in sustainable development and will leave Uganda with a robust vanilla farming community resilient to the boom/bust nature of the market and a cadre of private sector agricultural extensionists to support more sophisticated production, processing, and marketing needs.
The communications and reporting officer for CRS/Uganda’s Vines project is responsible for developing and executing a communications plan for raising the project’s profile with target audiences, including donors, partners, local media, national and local government, the Catholic Church, and the public in coordination with the country program’s communications manager. S(he) will work closely with the CRS Uganda’s communications manager to ensure strategic alignment of communications, consistent messaging, and a strong brand identity. The communications officer will create content including developing success stories on project’s participants and use various channels such as multimedia, electronic media, and reports, ensuring compliance with CRS’ and donor branding and marking requirements.
• •Develop and disseminate Vines branding and marking strategy.
• Strengthen and execute the project communication plan.
• Document Vines activities in the communities using photographs, films and interview of project participants and other stakeholders as appropriate for case studies and success stories.
• Write weekly bulletins and monthly updates for USDA in consultation with program teams.
• Support Vines sector leads write semiannual and annual technical reports of good quality following donor guidelines.
• Use information contained in technical reports to design and write quarterly and annual summary updates for dissemination to national and local government (district and sub-county officials) and other stakeholders.
• Ensure CRS global branding compliance and compliance with donor marking and branding guidelines. Provide copy-editing to materials developed by program staff and mentor staff for improved writing standards.
• Provide marketing and communications support for learning events, including signage, handouts, talking points, photos, liaising with media, and convene local media whenever an event on Vines takes place and is required.
• Develop partnership profiles and fact sheets to communicate partnership approaches and results through a market system lens.
• Manage the Vines microsite in liaison with the CRS HQ communications team.
• Coordinate with the CRS Uganda communications manager, East Africa Regional Information Officer, and HQ Communications team to ensure amplification of content and that relevant HQ departments benefit from communications materials produced.
Qualifications and Skills
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related fields is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
• Minimum five years communications experience, preferably in value chains, private sector engagement and market systems
• Excellent writing skills, formatting, and copyediting.
• Experience with media and public relations.
• Advanced photography and videography skills and experience, including scripting, design, and editing.
• Advanced knowledge of web management and editing tools.
• Familiarity with the fields of socio-economic development and humanitarian action.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks. Personal Skills
• Strong communication (written and oral), analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent planning and time management skills with attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
• Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary teams in a fast-moving work environment.
• Ability to work in a team and independently in area of responsibility.
• Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented Required/Desired Language Proficiency
• Excellent oral and written English skills required.
• Knowledge of local languages will be an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.