Consular Associate (Training Grade)
Jobs at:U.S Embassy
Deadline of this Job:
12 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply (https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf )
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of High School is required.
Experience: Two years of office administration.
Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. This may be tested.
Skills and abilities:
• Must be able to input data in consular systems with minimum errors, and spot and correct errors made by others (applicants and fellow staff).
• Demonstrated skills in MS Office Suite and general computer skills including information and database management.
• Organizational skills, including task management and filing skills; communication skills including writing skills appropriate for drafting official correspondence and reports.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOS Secret Security clearance.
• Tact and good judgment in dealing with the public, often under difficult and sensitive circumstances.
• Sensitivity in evaluating evidence and applying complex regulations correctly.
• Ability to learn applicable U.S. and host country laws, regulations, legal precedents, and court decisions.
• Good interpersonal skills.
This may be tested.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal employment opportunity (eeo): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Hiring preference selection process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring preference order:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active-duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
4. If selected, EFMs are expected to serve in the position for at least one year from the date of hire, and their sponsor’s tour of duty must allow sufficient time for this.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret security clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below
1. For further assistance call 0414-306001
2. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
3. On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• High school diploma/certificate
• Copy of Orders
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.