Data & Learning Manager
Jobs at:Youth Challenge International
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Data Management (40%): Ensure rigorous data quality control through proactive, participatory monitoring approaches and consistent data management; Ensure smooth data flow between Kinaki and KoBo; Contribute to the maintenance and accuracy of the data management system, including supporting the design of context-appropriate tools, resources and activities to capture both qualitative and quantitative data; Contribute to the effective management of project reporting at the country level, including the analysis and visualization of project results for various audiences as needed; Ensure that knowledge about the project’s achievements is well documented and shared with the appropriate stakeholders.
• Project Management and Coordination (30%): Support the Learning Team in strategy, planning and leading overall data management for the HerStart Project; Supporting KLMs with necessary data analysis to conduct ongoing reflection and planning with teams and partners, work planning in collaboration with teams and partners, implementation planning and team collaboration; Coordinate and manage data management activities and activities and team data activities across countries.
• Learning (20%): In collaboration with the KLMs: Identify, document and share best practices, lessons learned and trends in the youth and women’s livelihoods sector to ensure overall program relevance and effectiveness through project results and secondary research; Collate results of country level routine data reporting and visualizations for learning and reflection across the project; Coordinate the consolidation of evidence and learning from program evaluations to identify best practices and lesson learned across the YCI network; Work with YCI volunteers, partners and stakeholders to strengthen the integration of program learnings at a project level; Inform HerStart communications initiatives with high level summaries, stories and consolidated data.
• Technical Support (10%): Ensure sufficient onboarding of relevant staff and volunteers on the efficient use of data systems and provide ongoing coaching/support, as needed; Provide technical assistance, training, troubleshooting and ongoing support to HerStart staff across the project on the efficient use of the YCI project monitoring and reporting system (Kinaki); Monitor and manage an online MEL course using Mighty Networks; Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, partners and sector stakeholders, providing technical support as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• Self-starter with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in participatory knowledge management systems with a successful track record in designing, managing, implementing and monitoring MEAL strategies and data management systems for program tracking and improvement
• Detail oriented and skilled at data analysis
• Enjoy learning new software tools and are comfortable troubleshooting technical issues
• Strong project management and coordination skills and enjoy facilitating coordination among stakeholders
• Passionate about investing in women and youth livelihoods and inspired by the possibilities of innovation and entrepreneurship
• Proven ability to manage and provide training and support on MEAL processes and digital tools to relevant project stakeholders
• Demonstrate an integrated understanding of the principles of gender equality and the empowerment of girls, including a familiarity with the socio-economic profile of young women in and around Kampala, Uganda
• Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal English proficiency
• Permanent resident or a citizen of Uganda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.